Saturday, June 10, 2017

A FEW FUN PICS......


THIS PAST MONDAY MY FRIEND KATHY AND I WENT
BUMMING TO A FLEA MARKET IN WISCONSIN
FOR MY 60TH BIRTHDAY.
WE EACH BOUGHT A HANDMADE RUSTY 
METAL FLOWER. HERS WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT
THAN MINE.  I PUT MINE IN THE CORNER OF
OUR FRONT FLOWER BED WHERE I NEEDED A 
LITTLE SOMETHING MORE. THE LEAVES WILL
RUST IN TIME. I LOVE IT! 




I PURCHASED THIS OLD HAND PLOW
LAST FALL FROM OUR  ANTIQUES
PLACE IN OUR LITTLE TOWN AND
PLACED THAT ON THE OTHER END OF
THE SAME FLOWER BED IN FRONT OF 
OUR HOUSE.


A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO I PURCHASED AN 
ANTIQUE TRUNDLE BED IN ORIGINAL DARKER
RED PAINT FROM A PERSON ON FB. MY FRIEND
TINA WOLTMAN PURCHASED A BIGGER ANTIQUE 
ROPE BED FROM THE SAME PERSON AT THE SAME 
TIME. TINA AND HER FAMILY WERE KIND
ENOUGH TO PICK MINE UP AT THE SAME
TIME. I WANT TO GIVE A BIG THANK YOU
TO TINA FOR THAT!  I MIGHT NOT HAVE GOTTEN
IT IF SHE HADN'T OFFERED TO GET MINE TOO.
I'D BEEN WANTING ONE FOR A LONG TIME.
I HAVE TO MAKE A TICKING MATTRESS OR 
SOMETHING FOR IT YET BUT FOR NOW 
I AM JUST ENJOYING IT ROPED. SORRY THE
PICS ARE DARK. WE DON'T HAVE BIG WINDOWS
IN OUR BEDROOM SO IT'S HARD TO GET 
GOOD PICS.
 


BECAUSE I WAS GETTING THE TRUNDLE
I HAD TO PLAY WITH MOVING SOME THINGS
TO MAKE IT ALL WORK. I THINK I LIKE 
HOW IT ALL WORKED OUT.




I'VE ALSO BEEN HOOKING ON MY HUGE CABIN 
RUG AND AM HAPPY WITH MY PROGRESS.
BEEN STITCHING A PATTERN OF ONE OF MY
ANTIQUE SAMPLERS TOO AND HOPE TO HAVE
THAT AVAILABLE YET THIS MONTH.  

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO!  HOPE EVERYONE
IS WELL AND ENJOYING YOUR SUMMER.

UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

19 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your new rusty flower is just perfect in your sweet garden! Love those red geraniums, too!!!
So exciting about your trundle bed and what a good friend Tina is!! Love all the special touches in your room!! The rug is looking great and I know you are enjoying hooking it!!
Thanks for all the inspiring eye candy, my friend!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your yard ornaments are perfect! Trundle bed was a great find

Prims By The Water said...

Lori your trundle bed is amazing! Bob and I have sold a few farm hand beds, but all were just wood. Also loving your hooking progress on your cabin rug. How fun that you were able to celebrate your birthday junking. Great find with that flower. Happy Birthady by the way!!! Janice

Saundra said...

Beautiful photos, love the new old furniture and arrangement. And those hooked pieces and quilts are quite nice too. Like how your log cabin piece is coming along.

darlynn said...

Lori, I live in Northern IL and spend a great deal of time in WI. Pray tell, are you near me?
darlynn

marly said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope it was special. I love that flower.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you everyone! Yes, I had a fabulous b-day! Hubby, family and friends made it very special.

Darlynn,
I live in the upper peninsula of MI over WI. We love to travel into WI for fun things to do. I do get down to some shops I love in southern WI when I can. Lori

dee said...

Lori, I had a friend who had a trundle bed and used it for all of her finished rugs. It looked so nice peaking out from the rope bed with all those lovely rugs on it. Just a thought.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Ohhhh, love that idea, Dee!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I totally forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday when I commented!!!!!
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Lori.
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!! And MANY MORE!!!!!
Glad you had such a great time!!!!
Big Birthday Hugs~
Julie xo

HomeSpunPrims said...

LOL, thank you Julie! So sweet of you my friend! Hugs

WoolenSails said...

Happy Birthday! I need to start hunting for garden items, like fun and unique pieces.
The trundle bed and room it is in is a wonderful prim room, what a wonderful find.

Debbie

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Debbie! I love that big rusty flower! They had other things and now I wish I'd bought one more piece. Will have to go back some time this summer. Lori

kelley said...

wonderful Lori!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Kelley!

cucki said...

Aww wonderful dear friend x

Rugs and Pugs said...

Everything looks just wonderful!
Happy, happy belated birthday!
Hugs :)
Lauren

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Cucki and Lauren!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your consideration and advice! I think it will help me a lot. thank you for this good articles
ลาลีกา