Wednesday, May 31, 2017

BIG LOG CABIN RUG


I STARTED HOOKING THIS HUGE RUG
A FEW DAYS AGO AND WANTED TO SHARE
MY PROGRESS.  MY FRIEND PAM IN DELAWARE
IS HOOKING IT AT THE SAME TIME I AM HERE
IN MICHIGAN.  IT WILL BE FUN TO SEE HOW
DIFFERENT THEY LOOK USING DIFFERENT WOOLS.
THE DESIGN IS BY THE LATE LINDA BRANNOCK
AND THE RUG PATTERN IS SOLD 
WOOLY WOOLENS.
I HAVE MY QUILT IN MIND WHILE HOOKING 
MINE.  I THINK THEY WILL LOOK GOOD
TOGETHER.  I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO HAND
BASTE THE LAYERS TOGETHER ON MY QUILT
YET SO HAVEN'T STARTED TO QUILT IT BUT I 
WILL SHARE WHEN I DO!

WE'VE BEEN HAVING LOTS OF RAIN ON AND OFF
FOR SEVERAL DAYS BUT TODAY THE SUN
IS SHINING AND IT'S IN THE LOW SIXTIES.
I JUST GOT BACK FROM A 3 MILE WALK AND
IT FELT GOOD TO GET OUTSIDE FOR A WHILE.

NOW ON TO OTHER THINGS HERE IN THE HOUSE.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori,
Your rug is going to be magnificent ~~~ but everything you do is :)
Beautiful day in northern Ohio!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

Oh how I love the colors you have chosen so far. Does your friend have a blog so we can peruse her progress, or will you share with us both rugs? Cannot wait to see more! Janice

HomeSpunPrims said...

Awww, thank you so much, Lauren! So sweet of you to say. I'm enjoying this one.

Thank you so much, Janice! No, Pam doesn't have a blog but I'm sure she will let me share her rug when we finish them.

Lori

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful rug. Seeing rugs lately makes me miss hooking, need to start hooking again.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your rug is going to be just wonderful and will look so great with your quilt!! Love the colors!!! How fun that you and Pam will be hooking this together and can challenge and encourage each other!!! That's what friends are for, yes??
Hope you have a wonderful week, dear friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you Debbie and Julie! I cut more wool yesterday but haven't had time to do more yet. Maybe tomorrow. Been stitching on my new cross stitch pattern instead! :) Lori