Tuesday, April 11, 2017

QUILT TOP IS FINISHED!



HERE IT IS!  I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE MY QUILT TOP
DONE AND READY TO LAYER FOR HAND 
QUILTING BUT I WON'T BE DOING THAT 
UNTIL MAYBE NEXT WEEK.
IT LOOKS LIGHTER IN THE PICS THAN IT
IS BUT YOU GET THE IDEA ANYWAY.
I BOUGHT A HOMESPUN WITH A BROWN
TICKING STRIPE THAT I'LL USE FOR THE 
BACK OF THE QUILT AND A HOBB'S
80 PERCENT COTTON BATT FOR THE FILLER.
I'M PLANNING TO QUILT IT WITH DIAGONAL
LINES ABOUT AN INCH APART TO KEEP IT SIMPLE
AND NOT TAKE AWAY FROM THE APPLIQUE MOTIFS.


I'LL SHOW MORE WHEN I GET SOME 
QUILTING DONE ON IT.

WE GOT ABOUT A FOOT OF SNOW LAST NIGHT
AND THIS MORNING.  A GOOD DAY TO STAY IN
AND WORK ON PROJECTS!  I'M DESIGNING
SOME NEW CROSS STITCH PATTERNS IN
AMERICANA COLORS RIGHT NOW AND
HOPE TO GET THOSE RELEASED LATER THIS MONTH.

UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

12 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
It is GORGEOUS!!! Love all the colors and motifs!!! I can't believe you got some snow!!!! That certainly makes it easier to stay in and get some stitching done!!
Hope you enjoy your week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ditto what Julie said. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Hopefully your snow will melt quickly. I must say, these late spring snows are beautiful!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Saundra said...

It is beautiful. After it is all done think you should design a rug for the room with some of the same motifs. Wow, that would be awesome times 2!!!!!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a beauty! Lori, you did a great job bringing all these folky motifs together in this wonderful quilt. Snow?
Robyn

Prims By The Water said...

FABULOUS! Cannot wait to see the quilting part now. You have done an awesome job so far. Janice

WoolenSails said...

I love how it came out, it is so beautiful and prim.
I think the ticking sounds like the perfect backing.

Debbie

annie said...

It is so beautiful, I love the patterns on it!
Hope to see it, as you go along!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you so much everyone!

Saundra,
A rug would be great. I'll have to think on that! Lori

cucki said...

wow so beautiful my dear.
love from africa.
happy easter!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Cucki! Hope you are well. Thank you for dropping by. Lori

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

I just love it Lori. You did a great job on this. Happy Easter to you.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thanks so much, Janet! Easter blessings to you! Lori