Tuesday, January 31, 2017

SOME RUG CHANGES.....


I'D BEEN THINKING OF CHANGING SOME MOTIFS
ON A COUPLE OF RUGS I HOOKED A FEW YEARS
AGO AND FINALLY DID IT.
I'M GLAD I DID.  THEY BOTH LOOK MUCH
MORE ANTIQUE LIKE TO ME NOW.
ABOVE IS THE ORIGINAL WAY I HOOKED
LIGONIER DUO BY WOOLLEY FOX.


 ABOVE IS MY CHANGE.  I USED SOME MUTED BROWNS
FOR THE FLOWERS.  IT GOES SO MUCH BETTER WITH
WHAT I HAVE IN THIS CORNER (BELOW).


I'D ALSO BEEN EYEING THE BIRDS IN MY 
ADAPTATION OF A MAGDALENA BRINER EBY
RUG.  MAGDALENA (1832-1915) WAS 
FROM PENNSYLVANIA AND HOOKED MANY RUGS
IN HER LIFETIME. I DIDN'T LIKE THE COLOR
OF MY ORIGINAL BIRDS AND WANTED 
SOMETHING MORE SUBTLE AND NEUTRAL.
MAGDALENA'S RUG IS CALLED 
DOGS, CATS, BIRDS AND TURTLE.
THE LOWER LEFT BIRD IS WHERE THE TURTLE
SHOULD BE BUT I CHANGED MINE TO 
ANOTHER BIRD AND JUST TO BE QUIRKY, GOING
IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! 


MY CHANGE IS BELOW. I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER NOW.
THOSE BIRDS DON'T POP OUT AT ME ANYMORE!
I LEFT THE DARK RED BORDER. I'D HAVE TO TAKE
THE BINDING OFF TO CHANGE THAT AND THERE
WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO DO THAT!
THE REDS IN THE BIRDS WAS BRIGHTER SO THEY
NEEDED TO GO. BOTH OF THESE RUGS ARE IN OUR
LIVING ROOM AT PRESENT.


AFTER I DID THE NEW HOOKING I STEAMED THOSE
AREAS GOOD AGAIN SO THE RUG WOULD LIE FLAT.

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY FRIENDS......LORI


15 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

They look great Lori! I loved the reddish colors, but I really like the drab colors also. I'm so excited....I'm getting ready to trace out my "Hearts and Flowers design on linen and start picking out my wool. It fits perfectly on my bench!! Have a great evening!

Saundra said...

I just awarded you my Queen of Tweak crown some of my hooker friends have bestowed on me. You truly are the Queen of Tweak!!!!! I like your changes.

Saundra

HomeSpunPrims said...

So glad it fits your bench, Bobbie!

LOL, thank you, Saundra! I guess my taste changed. :-)

Lori

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha....Queen of Tweak...Love it....and very fitting.... I love pops of reds...REALLY cuz I really love red....but your changes are spot-on perfect.... I love the muted browns more and more these days.... And I do like that deep red border left on the Magdalena rug....in the photo it actually looks like a reddish brown... You're re-doing rugs and I can't even "do" them the first time around lately.... Sighs & Hugs ~ Robin

Prims By The Water said...

I really do love the more muted colors and it looks awesome now where you put it. Great job! Janice

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I really love the updated look of your rugs. Well done!

WoolenSails said...

The changes look great and they are perfect for the spaces you have them in, they blend well with the look of the space.

Debbie

annie said...

Always enjoy seeing your work and your home.
I like the changes!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you so much, Robin, Janice, Terri, Debbie and Annie! Lori

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

just gorgeous!!!!!!
L

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
You know how I love red, but your changes are just beautiful and totally fit your color scheme!! I just LOVE both of those rugs!!!
Sending you sunshine hugs from Arizona, my friend!!
Enjoy your week~
Julie xo

Krissy B. said...

Love them both. Where do you store all your wonderful things. It's pure ever changing eye candy at your house.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you my friends!

Krissy B,
My house isn't that big so I use every space I have for storage. Closets, a basement room and I use some of my cupboards, chests and other antiques to hide things away when not in use. Lori

moosecraft said...

Perfect! Those details made all the difference!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Sharon!