Thursday, August 11, 2016

THINKING OF FALL




RECENTLY IT WAS TIME TO GATHER MY BUNDLES
FOR MY DRIED FALL ARRANGEMENT.
I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE WILD YELLOW PLANTS AROUND
OUR HOUSE WERE YARROW BUT WAS CORRECTED
BY SOME OF MY FB FRIENDS THAT THIS IS
INDEED TANSY. 


SO I'VE GOT MY TWO BIG BUNDLES OF TANSY
TIED TOGETHER.


AND HANGING IN THE SHED TO DRY.


NOT TOO LONG AGO BRIAN WAS MOWING THE 
LAWN AND NOTICED A LARGE HORNETS NEST 
IN OUR OLD APPLE TREE!  HOW WE MISSED IT 
ALL SUMMER IS BEYOND US AS IT'S PRETTY 
OUT IN THE OPEN ON THE END OF A BRANCH!
I'D BEEN WALKING UNDER IT WATERING MY
FLOWERS AND BRIAN WAS MOWING UNDER IT.
IT'S A WONDER WE DIDN'T GET STUNG.


BRIAN SPRAYED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND IT'S
NOW FALLEN OUT OF THE TREE. IT IS SO 
INTERESTING HOW THEY BUILD THEM THO.


MY BROWN EYED SUSAN'S ARE GORGEOUS
THIS YEAR.  THEY ARE SPECIAL TO ME 
CUZ THEY CAME FROM MY DAD'S GARDEN.
I MISS HIM AND THINK OF HIM EVERY TIME
I LOOK AT THEM. HE LOVED FLOWERS AND
ALWAYS HAD FLOWER GARDENS. I REMEMBER IN
GRADE SCHOOL TAKING OUR TEACHERS FRESH
CUT BOUQUETS FROM HIS FLOWER BEDS.

SPEAKING OF FALL.....I'VE FINISHED A QUILT
I'M EXCITED ABOUT AND WILL BE OFFERING FOR
SALE SOON!  IT'S A NEW DESIGN BY ME AND
IS PUMPKIN JACKS. SO STAY TUNED FOR SOME
FUN PICS SOON!! 

UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI 


4 comments:

Jessica said...

That is pretty crazy about the hornet nest! The Tansy and Susan's are very pretty. Have a good weekend. :)

WoolenSails said...

Your gardens are beautiful and now that you got rid of the nest, you can enjoy it again;)
Can't wait to se your new quilt.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your flowers are sooooo pretty and such lovely golden yellows!! The tansy looks wonderful all tied up and ready for drying!! So happy you both did not get stung by those hornets!! I know your quilt is beautiful and can't wait to see it!!! I am so longing for fall and though I normally love summer, it has been THE HOTTEST ONE EVER!!! I have been staying inside where it is cool, working on lots of new items for an update soon, to help me have those FALL THOUGHTS!!!
Take care, sweet friend, and enjoy your weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

TheCrankyCrow said...

I absolutely adore tansy...always have...and all the lore and historical tidbits that surround it... I somehow lost my drying rods in the garage with the remodel, so did not dry much this year... And, yes, it's been a great year for the Susans....they must like the humidity and the regular downpours we've been getting. I find hornets nests fascinating too and have several in the house...much to my family's chagrin... ;o) Hope all is well... Did someone say PUMPKIN JACKS???!!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin