Monday, June 6, 2016

A BOWL OF GOODNESS & BARN DOOR


A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO I WAS AT A NEAT
SALVAGE PLACE IN WI THAT HAD SOME OLD BARN
DOORS FOR SALE. I KEPT THINKING ABOUT THEM 
AND WANTED TO GO BACK TO TAKE ANOTHER LOOK.
WHEN BRIAN ASKED ME THIS WEEKEND WHAT I 
WANTED TO DO FOR MY BIRTHDAY I KNEW
IT WAS TIME! HE BOUGHT ME THIS OLD BARN DOOR
FOR ON OUR BACK DECK. IT'S LEANING AGAINST
THE HOUSE AND I HAVE 
SOMETHING IN MIND TO DECORATE IT.


LOVE THE OLD RUSTY HINGES 
AND HOOK!


TODAY MY BFF KATHY TREATED ME TO LUNCH
OUT AND SHE GIFTED ME WITH THESE WONDERFUL 
WOOL BOWL FILLERS!  ALL BUT THE HEART ONE 
ARE IN A CHERI PAYNE PATTERN.
FEELING SPOILED!!


I'M WORKING ON STITCHING A LARGE SAMPLER
I'LL BE OFFERING AS A PATTERN IN A FEW WEEKS
SO STAY TUNED. HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH
ALL THAT YOU LOVE AND HOLD DEAR.

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

16 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday! I'm lovin' your barn door.
Happy stitching :)
Lauren

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Lauren!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! Love those bowl fillers and that old barn door!! Glad you had a good weekend!!

Prims By The Water said...

What an awesome birthday present! Also love the colors of your newest bowl fillers. Janice

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Love the barn door and cant wait to see what you do with it The bowl fillers are very nice

linda m

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Happy, Happy Birthday! Love your new barn door and I know you will enjoy decorating it!
Your bowl fillers are wonderful and look so good in your old wooden bowl!
Enjoy your week and hope the celebration continues!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Darlene said...

What a wonderful day!

carole said...

Kathy always does such a good job; sounds like you had a good birthday!. The door is as great as you described it. Carole

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you ladies! I had a wonderful birthday. Next year is the big "6-0" and Brian said we should fly somewhere but I don't know about that! I'm a big chicken!!

Krissy B. said...

Happy Birthday Lori! Mine is today. That must be just one of the reasons I love your blog, patterns, & house so much. LOL! The door is great and I hope you will post your idea once it's done. We are heading to Ely, MN to spend the rest of the day on the lake. Mark will be doing serious fishing and I'll be doing stitching of some sort. Enjoy the day. Krissy B.

Barb said...

Have a very Happy birthday! I love the barn door. I can imagine it decorated in all the different seasons. The little bowl fillers are wonderful, what a nice friend!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Krissy B, thank you and happy birthday to you as well! That sounds like a perfect day to me!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Barb, Thank you! Kathy is the sweetest of friends. They don't get any better than her.

annie said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday gift!
I love the color of the wood and the hook,
Sweet little bowlies, your friend is very good to you.
I love Cheri's work.
Hope you have a wonderful summer!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you, Annie!