Monday, December 7, 2015

CHRISTMAS 2015 VISIT TO JUDY'S HOUSE


YESTERDAY KATHY AND I DROVE 80 MILES TO VISIT
JUDY AND SEE HER HOME ALL DECKED OUT FOR
CHRISTMAS.  WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!
AS ALWAYS, JUDY HAD EVERYTHING JUST PERFECT!
SHE WENT WITH A SIMPLER DECOR THIS YEAR WITH
SIMPLE GREENS HERE AND THERE ALONG WITH
BERRIES AND SUCH TO ACCENT HER WONDERFUL
COLLECTIONS OF ANTIQUE SMALLS.
ABOVE IS HER GROUPING ON HER DINING ROOM 
HARVEST TABLE. THE GREENS ADD THE PERFECT TOUCH!


THE  ANTIQUE MORTAR & PESTLE IS A RECENT ADDITION.


LOVE THIS STRING OF OLD SLEIGH BELLS
HANGING ON A REPRO CHIMNEY CUPBOARD 
WITH A STOCKING MADE FROM AN OLD QUILT.
HER TREE IS ALWAYS A DELIGHT!  SHE HAS HAD
IT FOR MANY YEARS AND I ALWAYS LOVE
SEEING IT.  SOME OF MY PHOTO'S TURNED
OUT BLURRY SO THIS IS THE ONLY SHOT
TO SHARE OF THE TREE THIS YEAR.


SIMPLE GREENS, OLD SLEIGH BELLS AND BERRIES
IN AN OLD WOODEN BOWL.


GREENS, BERRIES AND A BATTERY CANDLE IN AN OLD
TOTE.  OLD BOTTLE BRUSH TREE FOR AN 
ADDED CHRISTMAS TOUCH.


SHE SAID SHE KEPT IT SIMPLE WITH HER
BELSNICKLE COLLECTION AND ONLY
HAS OUT A COUPLE THIS YEAR.


I THOUGHT THIS WAS SO CLEVER....
JUDY FOUND THIS SMALLER OLD DOOR
RECENTLY AT AN ANTIQUES SHOP AND
DECIDED TO USE IT FOR A PLATFORM 
TO DISPLAY HER VINTAGE BOTTLE BRUSH
TREE COLLECTION!  IT LOOKS SO NEAT 
IN PERSON.



SAMPLER I STITCHED FOR JUDY SOME TIME
AGO.  I THINK IT'S A PRIMITIVE BETTY'S FREEBIE
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.  I PERSONALIZED
IT FOR JUDY BY ADDING HER GRANDDAUGHTERS
NAME.


NEAT OLD BUCKET BENCH/CUPBOARD JUDY
  BOUGHT RECENTLY. I LOVE THE PRIMITIVENESS
(IS THAT A WORD?) OF IT AND WHAT SHE DISPLAYED HERE.


LOVE THE OLD BOWLS AND MORE SLEIGH
BELLS.....CAN YOU TELL JUDY LOVES OLD
SLEIGH BELLS???  I DO TOO!


ANOTHER WONDERFUL PRIMITIVE
OLD CUPBOARD FULL OF OLD SAP
BUCKETS AND OTHER GOODIES.





I LOVE HOW JUDY DISPLAYED ONE OF MY 
ORIGINAL CROSS STITCH DESIGNS IN HER
AND HUBBY'S BEDROOM.


OVER THE KITCHEN SINK ON A LITTLE SHELF.
A TINA WOLTMAN CROSS STITCH DESIGN.

A COZY CORNER IN HER KITCHEN FULL
OF WONDERFUL THINGS!

THESE ARE ACTUALLY WAX SLEIGH BELLS
THAT KATHY MADE A FEW YEARS AGO!
THEY LOOK AWESOME HERE.

IN THE BACK ENTRY JUDY HAS A TREE
WITH CLOTH BIRDS AND REAL BERRIES.
LOVE THIS TREE TOO!

ANOTHER LITTLE GROUPING ON A 
SETTLE BENCH IN HER BACK ENTRY.

LOVE HER PORCH WHICH IS A NEW
ADDITION ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO. 
JUDY HAS SO MUCH FUN DECORATING
IT FOR THE SEASONS AND IT ALWAYS
LOOKS FABULOUS! 




WE HAD THE BEST TIME YESTERDAY!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH, JUDY, FOR LETTING
ME SHARE YOUR WONDERFUL HOME 
ONCE AGAIN.  IT FEELS SO COZY AND 
INVITING THE MINUTE YOU STEP IN THE DOOR.

MY CHRISTMAS UPDATE WILL BE THIS WEDNESDAY
AT 9 AM CENTRAL TIME.  I'LL POST A REMINDER 
TOMORROW.  I'VE BEEN WORKING HARD ON SOME NEW 
OFFERINGS.  I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE THEM!

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI


14 comments:

Vicki Jo said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I want to go to her house for Christmas!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Oh my goodness!! Judy has truly outdone herself!!! Her home is beautiful, and I can just feel the warmth as I look at each picture!! I think everyone who sees this post will wish they could go for a visit in person!! Thanks so much for taking us along via blogland!!!
I can't wait to see YOUR house too, dear friend!!!
Sending Warmest Hugs~
Julie

Earlene L. said...

WOW Lori!!! What a special home to tour!
Did you have to drive in any snow...or frozen fog?
Thanks for sharing!
****Merry Christmas Lori****
Earlene

Jessica said...

Judy thank you for allowing Lori to share you festive prim home! So much wonderful eye candy!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I love Judy's primitive home, such wonderful Christmas touches everywhere. So many treasures she has, love her decorating style. Thanks for sharing with us, Blessings Francine.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Thank you Lori for taking us along with your visit to Judy's home. I can't decide what I love the most.....hmmm the tablescape in her bedroom with your stitchery or maybe it's the tree by her backdoor or wait no it's Everything! Can't wait to see your home next.
Donna

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

marly said...

Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoyed seeing this fabulous home.

Prims By The Water said...

WOW...how gorgeous! Love love love it all! Janice

carole said...

Lori, Please thank Judy for allowing you to take pictures of her wonderful decorations for us to enjoy. They give lots of inspirations. I am so looking forward to your pictures too. Hope to see you again in the coming year. Love, Carole

annie said...

Just so wonderful!
Loved it all!

Dogwood Farm said...

What a fun day!! So many beautiful country pieces and love the sample you stitched!
Have a great evening!
xo

Orange Sink said...

Lori this was so awesome! Judy's home and Christmas decorating makes my heart go pitter patter! I could look at your photos all day long! Thank you and Judy so much for sharing your homes with us! I am anxiously awaiting your photos too! I know how much work it is and the love and care it takes!
Hugs and Blessings!
Cathy G