Tuesday, June 23, 2015

LOTS TO SHARE!!!!

 
I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN POSTING MUCH
LATELY!  THINGS HAVE BEEN BUSY AROUND
HERE AS OF LATE.  FIRST OF ALL OUR LITTLE
ZOE GIRL WAS SICK TWICE THIS
MONTH WITH SOMETHING
INTESTINAL AND WE WERE GOING
BACK AND FORTH TO THE VET (45 MILES AWAY)
TRYING TO
GET HER BETTER.  SHE SEEMS TO BE DOING
WELL RIGHT NOW. 
 
THIS PAST WEEKEND WE WENT TO
GRAND RAPIDS TO CELEBRATE OUR SON
AND NEW DIL'S MARRIAGE IN APRIL.
MORE ON THAT IN A MINUTE....
 
WHILE THERE I WAS ONLY A COUPLE
OF HOURS NORTH OF MY FRIEND
CAROLE COLLINS AND HER HUBBY HANK'S
HOUSE SO BRIAN, ZOE AND I TOOK A QUICK
SCOOT DOWN THERE ON FRIDAY.
I SNAPPED A FEW PICS TO SHARE.....WISH I
HAD GOTTEN MORE BUT IT WAS A SHORT
VISIT AND WENT BY WAY TOO FAST!!
CAROLE AND HANKS HOME WAS IN
THE MARCH 2013 ISSUE OF COUNTRY SAMPLER
MAGAZINE AND CAROLE HAS A PICTURETRAIL.
 
 
ABOVE AND BELOW IS THEIR CUTE LITTLE
GARDENING SHED.  CAROLE AND HANK
WORK HARD AT KEEPING THEIR GARDENS.
I FORGOT TO TAKE SOME SHOTS OF CAROLE'S
FLOWERS!  CAROLE GAVE ME A COXCOMB
TO PLANT IN MY GARDEN.  IT'S MY FAVORITE
FLOWER TO DO IN MY APPLIQUE QUILTS!

 
BELOW ARE SOME SHOTS OF THEIR
WONDERFULLY WARM AND INVITING HOME.





 
CAROLE & I

 
CAROLE GIFTED ME THIS WONDERFUL
PERSONALIZED CROSS STITCH SAMPLER.
PATTERN BY PRIMITIVE BETTY'S.
THANK YOU CAROLE....YOU KNOW I LOVE IT!

 
 
WHILE I'M SHARING GIFTS I ALSO WANTED TO
SHARE THIS WONDERFUL GIFT FROM
KATHY.  IT'S A WOOL APPLIQUE RUNNER.
DESIGN IS BY MAGGIE BONANOMI.
THANK YOU KATHY!!!  I WILL TREASURE IT!!


 
HERE IS SCOTT AND EMILY RIPPEY
AT THEIR DESTINATION WEDDING IN
THE FLORIDA KEYS IN APRIL!

 
THE RECEPTION WAS THIS LAST SATURDAY
AT EMILY'S PARENT'S HOME.  THEY HAVE A
BEAUTIFUL YARD AND EVERYTHING WAS SET
UP JUST PERFECT.  THEY RENTED THIS BIG TENT.

 
WHILE WE WERE GONE WE HAD OUR WATER
LINE FROM THE MAIN TO THE HOUSE REPLACED.
WE ARE ON TOWNSHIP WATER AND HAD A
LEAK.  WE GOT HOME SUNDAY NIGHT AND
HAD THE PLUMBER SET UP TO COME FIRST THING
MONDAY MORNING TO GET US HOOKED UP AGAIN.
WE HAD TO GO IN A DIFFERENT WAY TO THE
HOUSE SO IT GOES TO THE FRONT
YARD AND INTO THE FOUNDATION INTO THE SIDE
OF THE GARAGE.
 
 
WE HAD TO MOVE SOME OF MY FRONT
FLOWER BED ASIDE BUT I DIDN'T HAVE
ANYTHING PLANTED IN THE GROUND RIGHT
WHERE HE HAD TO DIG SO IT WAS FINE.
I'M WAITING FOR BRIAN TO COME HOME AS
I TYPE THIS AND THEN GUESS WHAT WE
WILL BE DOING THIS EVENING?
YEP, SPREADING THAT BIG MOUND OF
TOPSOIL THAT WAS DELIVERED THIS
MORNING IN THE ABOVE PIC SO WE CAN
GET THE YARD SEEDED AND GROWING
GRASS AGAIN.

 
I ALSO WANTED TO MENTION THAT I
HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD ON
SOME OFFERINGS WHEN TIME ALLOWED
AND ALTHOUGH I'M HAVING MY UPDATE
MUCH LATER THAN I PLANNED IN JUNE,
I WILL BE SQUEEZING IT IN NEXT
TUES., JUNE 30TH AT 3 PM CENTRAL TIME.
I'LL DO ANOTHER REMINDER NEXT WEEK.
I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO FINISH UP
THIS WEEK AND THEN I'LL BE READY.
 
PHEWWWW, THIS GOT LONG BUT I
WANTED YOU TO KNOW I HADN'T FORGOTTEN
YOU AND AM STILL HERE!!! 
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI
 

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Wow you sure have been a busy one. Good luck spreading that pile. Your friends house is wonderful for sure and lovely gifts you were given. Janice

annie said...

It's a wonder you had time to catch your breath!
Loved your photos.
Hope they will be very happy together!
Loved her place, I need to go back and look at them again :)

The Eveningstitcher said...

Nice pictures, Lori...your friend's home is gorgeous...love all of her samplers! Beautiful picture of your son and his new wife...best wishes for all! Looking forward to your update!

quiltsbycheri said...

Congratulations on the marriage of your son and his new wife....best wishes for all! You have been as busy as a bee....always look forward to seeing your wonderful offerings!

Earlene L. said...

Hi Lori!

You two have been VERY busy!!
Congrats to the newlyweds.
I signed up and get updates from Carole, her garden shed is adorable.
Have a wonderful summer!
Earlene

Raymond Homestead said...

Enjoyed your photos. Congratulations to the happy couple! Glad Zoe is doing better!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I'm so happy Zoe is better and that you had such a lovely trip!! Such wonderful pictures of Carole's home!! Love her gift to you too!! Also the gift from Kathy!! They will go perfectly in your home!! Love the picture of your son and new bride too!! It was so great that you could see them!!
Hope you got all that dirt spread out too!!! What a job!!!!
Take care and I look forward to seeing your update goodies soon!
Warm Hugs to you, my friend~
Julie

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
I am late getting around to all my favorite blogs lately!! Wow you sure have had a lot going on! Am glad Zoe is doing better... such a worry and that's a long way to go to a vet! I'd be doing the same thing!
You sure have a beautiful DIL! Congrats to your family and all the best wishes to the newlyweds!!
Carol sure has a beautiful home with wonderful hand mades!
Take it easy if you haven't already spread that dirt! It will be so nice when done!!
Blessings and hugs!!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori,
So happy to hear that Zoe is doing better. She is such a little cutie.
Congrats to the newlyweds and thank you so much for sharing Carol's beautiful home.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

What a beautiful couple! Congrats to all! You have been very busy. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Julie