Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MOVING THINGS AROUND

 
I THOUGHT I'D SHARE A FEW NEW ANTIQUES
I'VE PURCHASED OVER THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS.
I'VE MOVED SOME SMALLS AROUND HERE AND
THERE TO MAKE THINGS WORK.

 
I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE BLUE/GREEN
PANTRY BOX ON THE BOTTOM.  IT FIT
PERFECTLY WITH THE SMALLER ONE I HAD
AND THEY ARE THE SAME BLUE/GREEN AS
MY BIG ANTIQUE CUPBOARD IN THE LIVING ROOM.
LOVE THEM!

 
ALSO LOVE THIS GAME BOARD IN ATTIC SURFACE
WITH BLACK SQUARES AND BREAD BOARD
ENDS.  I THINK IT IS AN OLD BREAD BOARD
BUT NOT SURE WHEN THE SQUARES WERE
PAINTED.  NO MATTER, I LOVE IT ANYWAY AND
IT LOOKS GOOD ABOVE THE DRAWERS THAT ARE
ALSO IN ATTIC SURFACE WHERE I STORE MY
MOST USED STITCHING SUPPLIES.
 



 
THIS ANTIQUE PUNCHED TIN LANTERN
IN THE LIVING ROOM MAKES MY THIRD
OLD ONE.  THEY EACH HAVE DIFFERENT
PATTERNS ON THEM.  CAN'T GET ENOUGH
OF THOSE AND HOG SCRAPER CANDLESTICKS!

 
IN OUR BEDROOM I HAVE A SMALL
ANTIQUE CHEST WITH DRAWERS.

 
IT'S WONDERFUL AND HANDY TOO!

 
NOTHING NEW HERE.  I JUST CHANGED SOME
THINGS AROUND SO SNAPPED A PIC.

 
I PURCHASED THESE TWO OLD TREEN
PLATES AT DIFFERENT TIMES FROM
DIFFERENT DEALERS.  JUST LOVE TREEN!

 
I PUT THE DARKER OF THE TWO IN THE OLD
SPOON HOLDER IN THE DINING ROOM.
 
 
ON TOP OF THE OLD PIE SAFE IN THE
HALLWAY I HAVE SOME DARK GREEN AND
ATTIC SURFACE PANTRY BOXES.
 
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PICS! 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 

13 comments:

marly said...

What glorious pieces you have. The drawer chests are my favorites but it's a close call.

Prims By The Water said...

Love all of your new finds! Isn't it nice to find antiques that match ones you already have. I love the thrill of the hunt. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh....so beautiful.... Once again, I feel like I'm "coming home" in so many ways. You have some amazing treasures, Lori my friend.... And a mad talent for display. I've missed you terribly and so appreciate your visit. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful! Lori, you have such a knack for putting things together. The two pantry boxes that are the same color are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your treasures.
Robyn

Earlene L. said...

Love all your pics Lori!!!! Especially the hanging quilt and the bench with display.
Hugs
earlene

Bobbie said...

Beautiful Lori! You have such a gift for displaying your primitives. Everything always is so clean and clutter free! You have some beautiful pieces!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I just love all of your new pieces!! The pantry box, game board, lantern, and little chest of drawers are all wonderful and they look great where you have placed them!! Not sure if I could pick a favorite, but I will say that chest of drawers really made my heart go pitter patter!!
It is always such a treat to get a glimpse into your cozy home!!
Sending Big Hugs to you, my sweet friend~
Julie xo

celkalee said...

Fantastic pieces. Such displays signal my brain that I am home. Not that I grew up with this style. My Mother was French Provencial all the way. A far cry for me. In addition, my passion is woven coverlet and pottery. Old, new or reproduction. Thanks for sharing these photo's.

Karen Martinsen said...

Hi Lori
I love your new 'finds' - and the blue/green pantry box is awesome. I love the color.
What a great checkers board. I've seen some done up like that and thought how fun to have it near a table in a kitchen.
I have several game boards packed away for lack of space to hang them. They used to hang in the stairway and I loved them. They got taken down when the 'presidents' came into the house. LOL
Blessings
Karen

bayrayschild said...

All beautiful Lori!
I love treen too! It just gives a display a feeling of warmth.

Audrey

Orange Sink said...

Lori everything is so very lovely! Love the pantry boxes and isn't it fun to find them and they go with the ones we already have? We are birds of a feather!!
Great photos and it makes me want to start rearranging things here!! Hope you are having a good start to summer and getting out side now in the gardens! I haven't been able to spend much time out there yet... the studio has been so crazy lately!!! I am thankful!!!
Hugs!!!!!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lori ~ So many wonderful new treasures you found ~ I especially Love the little antique drawer chest. I want to go treasure hunting with you some day!!!
You always find unique goodies!!!
Love all your displays too!
Enjoy your new finds!
Blessings
Robin

Kathleen Woodbury said...

Lori, Just love all your new finds and how you have incorporated them into your already wonderful prim decor. You have a great eye! Keep those inspiring photos coming!