Friday, March 20, 2015

TODAY......


WOULD HAVE BEEN MY DAD'S 83rd BIRTHDAY.
HE'S BEEN GONE ONLY FOUR MONTHS AND MY
SISTERS AND I MISS HIM EVERY DAY.
WE DECIDED IT WOULD BE FITTING TO MEET FOR
LUNCH TODAY IN HIS HONOR AND JUST BE 
TOGETHER.  WE LIVE FIVE HOURS APART SO I DROVE
THREE AND THEY TWO.  THE PICTURE ABOVE IS 
ONE TAKEN SEVERAL YEARS AGO WHEN THE GIRLS
AND DAD CAME TO VISIT FOR A FEW DAYS BETWEEN
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS.  I CAME ACROSS IT
THE OTHER DAY WHEN GOING THRU SOME THINGS.
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO TAKE IT WITH ME
TODAY SO I DID AND PLACED IT ON THE TABLE 
BETWEEN US WHERE WE HAD LUNCH.  I REMEMBER
DAD SAYING HE WAS COMING ALONE NEXT TIME CUZ
THOSE GIRLS LIKE TO SHOP TOO MUCH ON THE WAY!!
WE GOT A GOOD CHUCKLE OUT OF THAT.
IT WAS BITTERSWEET TO TALK OF HIM BUT MOSTLY IT
WAS A GREAT DAY AND LOVELY TO SPEND TIME 
TOGETHER ON THIS VERY SPECIAL DAY IN OUR FAMILY.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I KNOW YOU ARE LOOKING
DOWN AND PLEASED AS PUNCH YOUR GIRLS
GOT TOGETHER TODAY!!


AFTER LUNCH WE VENTURED INTO A COUPLE
OF LITTLE STORES AND IN A SECONDHAND 
SHOP I WAS VERY EXCITED TO COME ACROSS 
THIS OLD LEATHER COVERED BIBLE FROM 1847! 
I'VE BEEN COLLECTING A FEW OLD LEATHER
COVERED RELIGIOUS BOOKS FOR A COUPLE
OF YEARS NOW AND THIS ONE WILL FIT 
IN NICELY WITH MY COLLECTION.
THE BEST PART.....I PAID ONLY $10.00 FOR IT!!!!
PLUS TAX OF COURSE!


I'M HOPING TO HAVE AN UPDATE THE BEGINNING
OF THE WEEK SO CHECK BACK ON SUNDAY FOR
SOME INFO ON THAT. 

HERE'S HOPING YOU HAD A WONDERFUL FIRST
DAY OF SPRING! 

UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your dad's life on his special day. I have an old book, but not leather, think it was a bible or maybe a learning bible, but it is old and moldy so ruined.

Debbie

annie said...

So good you could get together!
That's a beautiful Bible. Imagine the hands who have held it and read from it during all those years.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday to dad in heaven :)
Great find on the leather bible.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Bobbie said...

How sweet, Lori....your dad sound like such a wonderful man and a perfect way to spend his birthday...

The leather bible is beautiful...I love leather bound books, but they are so hard to find....wonderful find!

cucki said...

Happy birthday to dear dad in heaven
Sweet hugs for you xx

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori...what a special way to celebrate your dad's birthday. I'm sure it was a hard day for all of you...great you could be together. You got a terrific deal on the leather book!
Robyn

Penny said...

Lovely post... I know your dad was/is smiling down on you all....

marly said...

Finding the photo before the lunch was meant to be. What a deal on the Bible.

thesimplequiet said...

i was so sorry to hear of your dad's passing, lori. what a special way to remember his special day!

~rebecca