Monday, February 2, 2015

CHANGES


AFTER THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS CAME
DOWN I PLAYED A BIT HERE AND THERE
WITH MY ANTIQUES. I WANTED A SIMPLER,
PLAIN LOOK IN SOME AREAS.
YOU CAN CLICK ON PICS TO MAKE THEM BIGGER.


CAT RUG DESIGN BY KELLEY BELFAST.
I THINK IT'S MY VERY FAVORITE RUG!


OLD LANTERNS, HAY RAKE, PANTRY BOXES
AND MORTARS. LITTLE CUPBOARD IS OLD TOO.
MADE FROM A CALUMET SOAP BOX. PART OF
THE LABEL IS STILL ON ONE END.
(no Carole, I'm not willing to part with it! he he)


OLD BROWN TABLE WITH OLD BLACK PANTRY
BOX AND OLD HOG SCRAPER CANDLESTICKS.


THE THREE BEARS ENDED UP IN AN OLD CRADLE
SO I COULD KEEP THEM TOGETHER AND LOW 
ENOUGH YOU COULD SEE THEM.
LOVE THEM TOGETHER!


PUT ONE OF MY BIG OLD MORTARS
ON TOP OF THIS CUPBOARD, ALONG
WITH AN OLD TOTE, YARN WINDER AND
STACK OF PANTRY BOXES.
DOLL WAS MADE BY ME AND PINKEEP
ON HER LAP BY MY FRIEND PAM.
I WILL GIVE YOU A CLOSER LOOK 
AT THE DOLL AND PINKEEP IN A FEW
MORE DAYS.



SINCE I PLACED THE BEAR I HAD HERE
WITH THE OTHER TWO I ADDED MY OLD
BOY DOLL. I LOVED THE COLOR OF THE
BEAR HERE BEST BUT I THINK HE LOOKS OK
TOO!


SAMPLER MADE BY MY FRIEND KATHY FROM
A STACY NASH DESIGN. OLD BROWN TOTE 
WITH SQUARE NAILS AND REPRO RUSH LIGHTS.
I LOVE THE SHAPE OF THE TOTES HANDLE.


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MY OTHER 
TWO ANTIQUE BEARS FOUND A HOME IN
OUR BEDROOM ON MY LITTLE ANTIQUE LADDER
BACK CHAIR ON TOP OF AN OLD CHEST.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE LITTLE TOUR AND
THE CHANGES I'VE MADE.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

UNTIL NEXT TIME......LORI

18 comments:

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I love how warm and cozy everything looks in your home. I especially love the three bears!

carole said...

Lori, I love the way you have displayed everything. Very warm and inviting. (I wonder how big of a purse I need to take when I come visit again?? ) Carole

marly said...

I love when bloggers share their home! Great pieces.

Karen said...

The basket rug is wonderful.

WoolenSails said...

Everything looks wonderful and love how you display your boxes and firkins.

Debbie

bayrayschild said...

Hi Lori! Such a wonderful collection you've gathered!
So glad you shared it with us.
Love your decorating style!

Audrey

annie said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos, love the wooden totes! And of course, the bears!

quiltsbycheri said...

so simple, warm and homey....I want to move right in!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful tour! Love the colors in the basket rug...and that little brown table in front of your couch is the best! Your home is so cozy and warm, Lori...thanks for showing us around. When I first found the blogging world, your blog was one of the first I found...it's still one of my very favorites :)
Robyn

barb said...

Hi Lori, yes the basket rug is my favorite. Always has been since I found your blog, Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your style is just perfect!
LOVE it all.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Beautiful post...I just LoVe all your gorgeous displays. So warm and cozy!
Hugs. Marg.

moosecraft said...

Very cozy! Simple is best!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great Changes-yes simple is best--one of my goals for 2015 is downsizing

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Everything is so tastefully and beautifully displayed, my friend! You truly do have a warm and cozy home and it makes me wish I lived right down the road so I could pop in and "borrow some sugar" just to have a reason to stay and visit!! Then if I got snowed in.......lucky me!!! lol
Sending you some CA sunshine hugs~
Julie

Kathleen Woodbury said...

Lori, Your home is such an inspiration. Love your rearrangement. Your blog is my most favorite because you have the best "eye candy"! Thanks for sharing!
Kathleen from Wisconsin

Dogwood Farm said...

Lori, You have such a WONDERFUL collection of country antiques!! I love all your hooked rugs, samplers and the quilt hanging over your sofa!!!!
Thank you for the visit!!
xo

Linda Ann Evans said...

you have some really awesome collections !!! I love the kitty rug, very pretty!