Tuesday, January 13, 2015

SNOWSHOEING

 
SO YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS IN MY 20'S & 30'S I
LOVED TO CROSS COUNTRY SKI. I DON 'T THINK
I COULD DO THAT ANYMORE BUT I LOVED
BEING IN THE WOODS SO THOUGHT I'D INVEST IN
SOME SNOWSHOES. I ORDERED SOME
CRESCENT MOON SNOWSHOES THAT ARE
MADE IN THE USA,
IN BOULDER COLORADO,
 FROM RECYCLED MATERIALS.
THEY CAME A WEEK AGO YESTERDAY BUT IT'S
BEEN SO COLD I COULDN'T GO OUT.
TODAY IT WAS 14* WITH SUN AND LITTLE
WIND SO I VENTURED OUT INTO THE WOODS
NEXT TO OUR HOUSE TO GIVE THEM
A TRY. FORTUNATELY A
SNOWMOBILER HAD MADE ME A NICE
PACKED DOWN TRAIL.
 
HERE ARE MY BRIGHT AND SHINY BLUE
SNOWSHOES!

 
I CAME OUT OF THE WOODS...

 
TO AN OPEN FIELD AND A ROUND ABOUT
TRAIL UP TO A TWO TRACK ROAD
IN THE DISTANCE. I WENT AS FAR
AS I THOUGHT I COULD HANDLE FOR
A FIRST TIME OUT AND THEN TURNED AROUND
AND RETRACED MY STEPS. I SAW TRACKS
ALL OVER THE TRAIL THAT WERE
PROBABLY COYOTES BUT WE DO HAVE
BOBCATS AND WOLVES HERE TOO.

 
HERE I AM ALMOST BACK TO OUR ROAD.
THERE'S OUR HOUSE ON THE LEFT.
IT WAS A WONDERFUL WALK IN THE
WOODS AND I ENJOYED THE SUNSHINE
AND FRESH AIR. I PLAN TO GET OUT THIS
WINTER AS MUCH AS I CAN. TWO OF
MY FRIENDS ALSO HAVE SNOWSHOES AND
TRAILS IN THE WOODS NEXT TO THEIR
HOMES SO I WILL HAVE SOME DIFFERENT
SCENERY. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED COMING ALONG
ON MY WALK IN THE WOODS.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

14 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Good for you! Exercise and enjoying the beauty of nature

marie said...

Lori, wow, wish I was going with you, looks like so much fun. I love snow, but we don't get much here in NW where I live and this year winter has been very mild, not even cold. :-( Take of photos of your next trip.

Prims By The Water said...

Loved walking with you on the trail...so glad you did not see any wolves or coyotes. We have those too and a mountain lion was seen in our neck of the woods a few years back...but not sure what happened to him. Janice

Bobbie said...

It looks beautiful Lori....you're a brave soul! Love your area...so much beauty!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You be safe out there!
14* is still WAY too cold for me. I only go out because I have to.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

I love to CC ski and find it easy, as long as I have a smooth area to ski in, lol. I like the idea of snowshoes too and have seen ones like yours are good prices in our stores, so might be fun to have some to walk with the pup, when we get snow.

Debbie

ihook2 said...

Such a great way to get exercise. Such beautiful scenery. Love looking at the snow.
Hugs-
Pam

CATHI said...

Wonderful photos! just lovely! Snow and a blue sky go so well together! :o)

Cathi

Vicki Jo said...

Thank you so much for sharing you walk with us, Lori! Beautiful photos -- wish I could go with you!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I must confess that when I first looked at your picture, I wondered where the snowshoes were?? After clicking to enlarge it, I realized that those were NOT your feet!!! LOL They really didn't look that big till I enlarged the photo!!! I really had to laugh at myself! Did anyone else think that? Hope it wasn't just silly me!!
Anyway, your actual feet look very tiny and I think those are so cool!! I did some CC skiing when I lived in MI and it is a LOT of work but so peaceful and I loved it!! Sure would enjoy hiking with you too......minus and coyotes, wolves, bears, or mtn. lions!!
I'm sure you will bet plenty of use out of them!! BTW, do they make any for doggies?
Sending some warm hugs and sunshine from CA~
Julie

Merry Wind Farm said...

Beautiful scenery along your route. You are so lucky to have trails near you. I think I get plenty of fresh air in the winter with all the trips back and forth to the barn taking care of animals.
Melinda

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Beautiful walk today Lori. I did say to my DH we should get snow shoes and give them a go. Maybe not this year as I have been " under the weather" but sometime for sure. The beautiful scenery you captured is enough to get the weariest soul out for a good walk. Be careful of all those critters.
Have a great week. Hugs Marg.

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
What a great post! I felt invigorated just reading and seeing those long trails and imagining the quiet except for the crunch of snow under your sn. shoes! We do have lots of area here that is like that too but yours is right out your front door!! So gorgeous! My DH is an outdoor enthusiast and takes daily sn. shoe runs on a trail near us the DNR keeps groomed. Hope the weather stays mild enough the rest of the winter so you can put some miles on those new shoes!!
Warm Hugs!!
Cathy G

annie said...

great view to your house!
good for you!