Monday, December 29, 2014

GIFT EXCHANGE

 
KATHY AND I HAD OUR GIFT EXCHANGE TODAY!
WE DECIDED TO JUST DO ONE THING EACH.
SHE STITCHED THIS WONDERFUL
COUNTRY STITCHES PATTERN FOR ME
AND IT IS HUGE!!!  I JUST LOVE IT!
IT'S STITCHED ON 22 COUNT THAT KATHY
AGED.  THE THREADS ARE OVER-DYED.
SHE SAID SHE CHANGED THE COLOR OF HIS
ROBE AND I JUST LOVE HOW IT LOOKS.
WHAT A GREAT FRIEND I HAVE!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH KATHY. YOU KNOW
I'LL TREASURE IT.


 
I STITCHED I SEE TREES OF GREEN BY
BETH TWIST FOR KATHY.  IT WAS A
FUN STITCH.  I USED CREEK BED BROWN
LINEN AND OVER-DYED THREADS.
WE HAD OUR FRIEND BILL MAKE THE FRAMES.
 
 
I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE HOLIDAYS.
I'M WORKING ON SOME NEW CROSS STITCH
DESIGNS TO BE RELEASED IN JANUARY.
THE WEATHER IS COLD SO PERFECT FOR
SNUGGLING IN AND STITCHING AWAY.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 

11 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I love both of these stitcheries...what a wonderful friendship to exchnge such lovely gifts. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful samplers! Lucky you to have someone to make frames for you.
Happy New Year to you, Brian and of course, Zoe.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Bobbie said...

Beautiful samplers, Lori! Love the colors! Hope you had a nice Christmas!

From Sherry's Heart said...

As every year BEAUTIFUL & VERY SPECIAL gifts exchanged!!!

Karen said...

They are both beautiful. I plan to do the Santa someday and will change Santa's outfit to probably a blue. And the one you made is a definite on my list to do! You both did a wonderful job. Did you frame it yourself after your friend made the frame?

bayrayschild said...

Both are so very beautiful!
You lucky girls!

Audrey

HomeSpunPrims said...

Karen,
Yes, both Kathy and I framed our gifts after painting the pine frames made by Bill. Lori

moosecraft said...

Wow! Both of theses stitches are gorgeous! It finally got cold enough here to feel like the holidays... so, yes, there will be plenty of stitching and hooking happening this afternoon and tomorrow! looking forward to seeing your January releases! :-)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful stitching by both of you!
Have a Happy New Year!
Robyn

dogwoodfarm said...

So beautiful the samplers and friendships!
I love them!
Happy New Year!
xoxo

annie said...

wow! both are amazing!
good for you both, to have such a friend!