Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WISCONSIN SHOPS

 
MY FRIEND KATHY AND I WENT ON A THREE
DAY, TWO NIGHT TRIP INTO WISCONSIN THIS
PAST WEEKEND. WE VISITED PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS
QUILT SHOP AND COTTAGE HOUSE PRIMITIVES.
WE ALSO STOPPED AT AN ANTIQUE MALL THAT
HAS SOME NICE PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES. I WAS
DRAWN TO THIS TOTE THERE. THE PAINT COLOR
APPEALED TO ME AND WHEN I GOT IT HOME
I REALIZED IT WAS CLOSE TO THE COLOR OF
A LARGE SUGAR BUCKET/FIRKIN I ALREADY HAD.

 
THE TOTE HAS CANTED SIDES.

 
I FOUND THIS SLED THERE ALSO. IT SAID
FARM SLED ON THE TAG. I LOVE ANYTHING
WEATHERED FOR OUTSIDE. IT LOOKS TO BE
A LITTLE WORKING SLED FOR HAULING.
I JUST LOVE IT AND IT WILL BE FUN TO USE
OUTSIDE FOR HOLIDAY DECORATING.

 
IT HAS METAL ON THE RUNNERS.

 
AND THIS METAL HOOK WHICH MAKES ME
WONDER WHAT THEY HOOKED ONTO THE
SLED. MAYBE ANOTHER LITTLE SLED?

 
I FOUND THIS WONDERFUL TALL, NARROWER
BROWN CROCK JUG AT COTTAGE HOUSE PRIMITIVES.
CAROL HAS SOME GREAT PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES, REPRODUCTION
FURNITURE AND HOOKED RUG SUPPLIES. A REALLY FUN SHOP!

 
THESE GOURDS AND GOURD/NUT SWAY WERE
PURCHASED AT A SIMPLER TIME. JUDY HAS
SOME GREAT FALL ITEMS IN HER SHOP
ALONG WITH OTHER WONDERFUL PRIMITIVE
DECOR ITEMS. IT'S ALWAYS A TREAT TO VISIT
WITH JUDY. SHE'S THE BEST!!!

 
OVER DYED CROSS STITCH LINEN FROM
COUNTRY SAMPLER QUILT SHOP.

 
COTTON PRINTS, WEAVERS CLOTH AND
VALDANI PEARL COTTONS FROM
PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS QUILT SHOP.

 
WOOL FROM COTTAGE HOUSE PRIMITIVES,
HOLLY & IVY IN RIPON, WI AND PRIMITIVE
GATHERINGS.  I'M PLANNING ON DOING A
LARGE DEER RUG FOR OUR HOME SOON AND
THE BOTTOM WOOL WILL BE THE DEER. IT'S
AWESOME HOOKED. IT'S FROM CHP IN LODI.
THE DARKS WILL BE USED IN THE BACKGROUND
OF THE DEER RUG. THE ONE LOOKS BLUE BUT
IT'S NOT IN PERSON.

 
THIS WONDERFUL CHEST WITH DRAWERS
WAS WAITING FOR ME WHEN I RETURNED HOME.
I PURCHASED IT ON LINE AND IT ARRIVED WHILE
I WAS AWAY. I WANTED IT FOR BESIDE MY CHAIR
TO STORE MANY OF MY SEWING/STITCHING
SUPPLIES TO KEEP THEM HANDY AND NEAT.

 
IT FIT PERFECTLY ON TOP OF A LITTLE
MUSTARD BENCH I HAD BESIDE MY CHAIR.
 
 
THE DRAWERS AREN'T DEEP BUT PLENTY OF
ROOM FOR LOTS OF SUPPLIES.
 
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TIME KATHY!  I LOVED
EVERY MINUTE OF OUR LITTLE TRIP TOGETHER.
 
I'M WORKING HARD ON MY UPDATE AND MAY HAVE
IT THE END OF NEXT WEEK IF THINGS GO WELL.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFO.
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

17 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Love all your new pieces. Especially the little chest of drawers!

Orange Sink said...

Lori what a fun trip that must have been! Enjoy all those wonderful goodies! That deer rug should be really beautiful... can't wait to see it!
LOVE the little chest! Perfect for those little notions you want to keep handy and out of sight!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

linda said...

What a great trip! Thank you for sharing

WoolenSails said...

It is fun to find prim goodies and you definitely got some nice pieces, and love the drawers.

Debbie

belarmina said...

maravillosas!!! todas las compras,
todas me gustan,
pero el mueble de cajones.......
es precioso
saludos

kelley said...

what a great haul Lori...sound like a perfect trip...ps...we need some Zoe

moosecraft said...

Oh I love that chest with drawers!!! It's perfect! Looks like you found a lot of other stitchy treasures on your trip too! So much fun and I bet you are already looking forward to the next trip! :-)

Prims By The Water said...

What wonderful goodies you found. We sold a small sled in our store last year in which we were told was a goat sled. Maybe yours possibly might me as well. Wish I lived closer to visit all of the shops you were able to. All my fav things, antiques, wool and fabric. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. It was very productive. Such great finds. That chest is just perfect to sit next to your chair.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kathy L. said...

You went to all my favorite Wisconsin shops. Lucky you!
I love all your purchases.

Kathy

Earlene L. said...

Lori your trip sounds wonderful!
You took home some great finds and I really love the tall brown jug.

Thanks for sharing your fun trip.
Earlene

Rosemary said...

What a fun trip! Love the chest too, it's perfect!

Kathleen Woodbury said...

What a great trip! Love the treasures you found at some of my favorite shops! That little chest is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your deer rug. Thanks for sharing it all!

Raymond Homestead said...

What a fun trip, sounds like you got to visit a lot of neat places!

Lori said...

I can see you had a great time Lori! What wonderful treasures, I especially like the chest, I could use that myself!
Busy here but thinking of you. Hugs!

ann hermes said...

OOH, I am taking a trip to Wisconsin in about a week. Are any of these great shops in the Milwaukee area or on the road from Milwaukee to Lacrosse?

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lots of great finds you found on your travels. I love Valdani thread...it is so gorgeous and one of those things I could easily get hooked on. The little chest is wonderful and so useful too....perfect chair side companion. Would love to visit some of the great spots you hit...all the good shops in my neck of the woods are long gone.
Take care,
Robyn