Monday, July 14, 2014

LITTLE FENCE

 
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE A LITTLE
FENCE NEAR THE SHED TO PROTECT MY
HOLLYHOCKS FROM THE DEER.
THIS WEEKEND BRIAN AND I DID OUR BEST.
WE ARE NOT WOODWORKERS BY ANY STRETCH
BUT WE MADE ONE SIMILAR IN THE FRONT OF
OUR HOUSE WHERE I HAVE CONE FLOWERS
PLANTED SO I THOUGHT WE COULD DO THE SAME HERE.
 
I USED INEXPENSIVE LATH FOR THE "PICKETS"
FROM A HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE.
I USED MY PALM SANDER TO MAKE THE POINTS
ON THE PICKETS. BRIAN MADE A FRAME OUT
OF PINE AND SCREWED IT INTO THE SHED
TO SECURE IT. THEN WE ADDED THE PICKETS
AND WE WERE DONE! I'M GOING TO LET
THE FENCE WEATHER NATURALLY AS WE
DID THE ONE IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE.
BRIAN ALSO ADDED SOME SMALL ROCKS AROUND
THE SHED THIS SUMMER AND I LOVE THE WAY
IT LOOKS. WE STILL HAVE SOME DECK
PAINTING TO DO AND OUR BIG WINDOWS
IN THE LIVING & DINING ROOM WILL BE
REPLACED SOON BUT WE ARE GETTING
OUR PROJECTS DONE. OUR SUMMER IS
SO SHORT AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S MID
JULY ALREADY!
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

I love that little fence! I need to make a couple to hide my air conditioning unit in the back and my ugly, gas meter at the side of our house which is so visible from the street. Nice work...I hope it hasn't been too hot up there...it's been miserable here!! Have a great day!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Perfect!
Warmly,
Judy

dogwoodfarm said...

Great idea, Lori! Looks just perfect there!