Thursday, July 10, 2014

HOUSE ON A HILL.....

 
THIS IS AN OVER A HUNDRED YEAR OLD HOUSE
IN OUR AREA THAT I JUST LOVE DRIVING BY.
I THOUGHT I'D SHARE IT WITH YOU TODAY.
THERE'S A SWEET LITTLE GATE BETWEEN
TWO TREES AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE LONG
DRIVE UP TO THE HOUSE ON A HILL.

 
THE SIGN SAYS:
MICHIGAN CENTENNIAL FARM
OWNED BY THE SAME FAMILY OVER A HUNDRED YEARS.

 
I LOVE THE LITTLE BENCHES OUT ON
THE PORCH AND THE PATCHWORK QUILT
LOOK OF THE ROOF. I DON'T KNOW THE OWNERS.
PERHAPS SOMEDAY I'LL VENTURE UP THE
LONG DRIVE AND INTRODUCE MYSELF.
UNTIL THEN I'LL LOOK FROM AFAR
AND ENJOY THIS LITTLE HOUSE ON A HILL
EVERY TIME I DRIVE BY.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

5 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
What an adorable old homestead! Would love to see inside! That roof is fantastic! Is it some type of tile?
Imagine the history and stories the family has kept!
Enjoyed seeing this very much! Hope you folks are enjoying the summer over there in MI. Beautiful weather here!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

marly said...

What a perfect peaceful setting. Very well kept for its age.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Oh what stories that house could tell. I just love it and thanks for sharing it with us.
Donna

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, how interesting and I agree, if that house could talk, Francine.

moosecraft said...

This is the home fairy tales are made of... could you imagine all of the family history and events that happened on that land? Thanks for sharing... so we can all dream! :-)