Friday, June 27, 2014

MAGDALENA BRINER RUG FINISH

 
I FINISHED MY RUG YESTERDAY. IT'S QUITE
LARGE SO I'M HAPPY I COULD GET IT DONE
SO QUICKLY. USING MOSTLY THE 9.5 CUTS
HELPED IT TO GO FAST. I TOOK SOME PICS
OUT ON THE DECK IN THE SHADE TO
GET THE COLORS MORE ACCURATE IN MY PICS.






 
IT ALWAYS AMAZES ME HOW A WOOL LOOKS
HOOKED. I USED THIS GREY AND RED FOR MY
BIRD AND IT WAS LOOKING PURPLE. I SENT A PIC TO MY
FRIEND PAM TO GET HER INPUT AND SHE SUGGESTED
MAYBE IT WAS THE RED I OUTLINED THE
BIRD WITH THAT MADE IT SEEM PURPLE.
I CHANGED IT TO REVERSIBLE BLACK
 AND I THINK THAT DID
THE TRICK! THANK YOU PAM!!

 
HERE ARE THE WOOLS I USED FOR THE OTHER
TWO BIRDS.
 
 
HERE YOU CAN SEE HOW BIG THE RUG IS
IN FRONT OF OUR ENTERTAINMENT
CENTER. IT MEASURES 34" X 41".
 
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THAT STOPPED
BY MY UPDATE YESTERDAY.
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE
TIME AND FOR PURCHASING MY HAND~MADES.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

Saundra said...

A delightfully fun finish! Not only did I enjoy your Magdalena rug but received a lesson as well. Enjoyable post.

Saundra

moosecraft said...

Beautiful finish, Lori! :-)

I'm 2 birds away from finishing the horse rug! So, pics soon!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you Saundra & Sharon! Yay Sharon, can't wait to see!! Lori

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Great finish. I love everything about it. Now that is a big one.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Ronda Tedder said...

Lovely finish Lori!..thanks for sharing!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great finish, Lori! The colors are perfect...they make it look so early!
Robyn

kelley said...

Wonderful rug Lori...looks perfectly old...and I think Zoe will look good resting on it too...

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you so much everyone!

Kelley,
She will probably be rolling on her back on it! Lori

dogwoodfarm said...

Love your rug, Lori!!
Louise

Lori said...

Well done Lori!!!!

quiltsbycheri said...

Wonderful!

ihook2 said...

I just had to come back and look at it again. Seeing wool hooked gives it a whole new meaning. Thanks for showing us. Beautiful-
Pam

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Beautiful rug Lori!!