Monday, May 5, 2014

SAMPLER FINISHED~QUILT STARTED


LAST NIGHT I FINISHED STITCHING MY
CHRISTMAS AT HOLLYBERRY FARM
SAMPLER BY STACY NASH.
IT'S SHOWING UP LIGHTER THAN IT IS CUZ
THE FLASH WENT OFF ON MY CAMERA.
I CHANGED A FEW THINGS HERE AND THERE.
LOVE THE BORDER. NOW I JUST HAVE TO FRAME
IT! I'LL PROBABLY BE CALLING MY FRIEND
BILL THAT MAKES MY PINE FRAMES.
I NEED ONE FOR MY PHEBE'S FOREST ALSO.


I BOUGHT THIS CHERI PAYNE PATTERN
CALLED CROWS & PUMPKINS AT
PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS QUILT SHOP IN WI
A COUPLE WEEKENDS AGO AND DECIDED TO
START APPLIQUEING SOME OF THE BLOCKS.
I'VE ADMIRED THIS PATTERN FOR SOME TIME
ON CHERI'S SITE AND SINCE I WAS THERE AND
THEY HAD IT I GOT IT! I LOVE TO HAND APPLIQUE
AND I LOVE PUMPKINS AND CROWS SO SEEMS THE
BEST OF EVERYTHING TO ME! :-)

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD EVENING. 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

13 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I have wanted to purchase this pattern. You did an awesome job! Janice

Sandra said...

I love that design. Wish I had time to stitch it, but that will never happen. Blessings, Sandra

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful sampler and I love the fabric choices for your pumpkin quilt.

Debbie

ihook2 said...

Lovely stitching, my friend. I know you have many hours of work in it. Your pumkin/crow quilt is going to be beautiful.
OOO's
Pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Your sampler is GORGEOUS!! Beautiful in every way!! Love the border too!!
That quilt is really fun and perfect for you and for fall (or anytime) and it is so funny as I am working on a little doll holding.....a pumpkin!! She has been buried in a box and I found her the other day and decided to finish her!! It is NEVER too early, yes??
Have a great week sweet friend and many, many thanks to you!!
Warmest Hugs~
Julie xoxo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Lori,
That sampler is wonderful. How lucky you are to have a friend who makes primitive frames for you!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful stitchin' Lori ~ it's been a while since I did a large project like that.
What fun pumpkins and crows ~ looking forward to the finish!
Happy Stitchin'
Blessings
Robin

Orange Sink said...

Oh how beautiful that Sampler Lori! Your hand-work is always perfect! I love a good pumpkin and crow design! Love Cheri's design! May have to try that one with a little wool and cotton! Hope you are experiencing a little nicer weather over there... it must be like here.. nice but it's been chilly. Looking forward to the predicted 70 degrees by Thursday! Can hardly believe it!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

moosecraft said...

I've always admired the Christmas Sampler... I do have the chart but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to seeing progress on your pumpkin quilt! I'm hooking here and there on the horse rug... pics soon!

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xx

bayrayschild said...

Just Beautiful Lori!
You always produce such lovely work!

Audrey

Bobbie said...

Love the sampler! And your pumpkin quilt will be gorgeous!! I'm stuck between hooking and stitching...need to get them both done!

dogwoodfarm said...

Your Sampler is beautiful!!
Looking forward to seeing your pumpkin quilt!
xo