Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A TRIP HOME....

 
I TRAVELED LAST FRIDAY ACROSS THE UPPER
PENINSULA OF MICHIGAN TO VISIT MY DAD
AND SISTERS IN MY HOMETOWN OF
SAULT STE. MARIE, MI. I LEFT ZOE HOME WITH
BRIAN AND THIS SWEET LITTLE FACE WAS
LOOKING OUT AT ME WHEN I LEFT!
BROKE MY HEART TO LEAVE HER BUT IT
WAS EASIER FOR ME THIS TRIP.

 
I DROVE IN RAIN AND FOG BUT I WANTED TO
GET A PICTURE OF LAKE MICHIGAN WHEN I
WAS CLOSE. ALL YOU CAN SEE IS BREAKERS
AND FOG BUT AT LEAST I GOT A SHOT!

 
THE EMBRACE!
 
ONE REASON I WENT THIS PAST WEEKEND WAS
THAT MY NIECE FANCY WAS FLYING IN
TO SURPRISE HER MOM (MY SISTER LINDA)
AND I ALONG WITH A FRIEND WAS IN ON
THE SURPRISE TO HELP PULL IT OFF.
I HAD GATHERED OUR FAMILY AT A LOCAL
RESTAURANT SO FANCY COULD WALK IN
AND SURPRISE HER MOM. IT WENT OFF
AS PLANNED AND COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY MORE
PERFECT! LINDA COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!
I HADN'T SEEN MY NIECE SINCE SHE MOVED OUT
TO WASHINGTON ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO.
SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER MY GREAT NIECES
I HAD FOR VISITS IN THE SUMMER A FEW YEARS
AGO. THOSE WERE FANCY'S GIRLS.
I REALLY MISS THEM.

 
HAPPY TEARS!
 
THAT'S MY DAD CHARLIE SITTING AT THE TABLE.

 
MOTHER AND DAUGHTER.
 
 
HOUSE MY DAD BUILT WHEN I WAS FIVE,
52 YEARS AGO. THE PLACE WE CALLED HOME.
 
 
THE VIEW FROM THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW.
YOU  CAN SEE THE SAINT MARY'S RIVER
IN THE DISTANCE. THERE WAS A CAMPGROUND
BY THE RIVER WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP
BUT NOW IT'S BUILT UP WITH HOUSES.

 
CLOSER VIEW OF THE RIVER.

 
CAME HOME ON  MONDAY BUT CAME THE
NORTHERN ROUTE SO I SNAPPED A PIC
OF LAKE SUPERIOR. THERE'S STILL ICE ON IT.
SAW PATCHES OF SNOW IN THE WOODS
YET TOO. I LOVE THE GREAT LAKES.
 
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL
MOTHER'S DAY. I SURE DID!
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

13 comments:

Bobbie said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day for all of you! I'll bet your dad was as happy as could be to have the family together! Beautiful pictures..I can see why you love the U.P. It is simply beautiful and must have been a perfect place to raise a family! Poor little Zoe...she looks stressed!! Cutie-patootie!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful trip and so nice to spend it with your family. Love the photos of the lake, people don't realized how powerful lake storms can be.

Debbie

cucki said...

Beautiful trip with lots of fun :)
Hugs x

Sandra Sullivan said...

Such wonderful memories and a happy time for you and your family.
Blessings,
Sandra

frontporchprims said...

I love this post. Nothing like going home. Brings up so many memories and feelings. What a swet surprise for your sister. I am glad you got to be there.

moosecraft said...

Awww... that cute little Zoe in the window! Looks like you had a very enjoyable and memorable time with your family! The area you grew up in is beautiful! How nice to have open space and fresh air to play in! :-)

Prims By The Water said...

Poor little Zoe. I would have probably drove back up and took her with me. I heard that the ice is still so thick that the ferries for Mackinaw Island still cannot cross. Its so nice to b able to go back home..wonderful memories. Love the view from the St Mary's river. Janice

Earlene L. said...

Lori what a fun time you all had.
Very special.
You took some great pictures.
No place like home.

dogwoodfarm said...

Such a wonderful surprise and special gift to your sister for Mother's Day!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of the lake and your family home!
Zoe looks so cute!!
xo

Kathy L. said...

I just read this post today. So glad you had such a lovely time. I LOVE the pic of Zoe in the window. My golden Murphy does the same thing as I leave. They do love us so!!
Kathy

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
SO HAPPY you had a wonderful trip and that the surprise came off so well!!! HOORAY!!! Nothing like happy tears and great memories!!! What a special time for all of you!!!
Your photos are beautiful and brought back lots of memories of living by the great lakes!! I can still hear the ice cracking when it got warmer!!
Poor Zoe must have missed you but she knew you would be back!!!
Take care and so happy you and your family had such a special time!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful day! Wonderful pics!
Robyn

thesimplequiet said...

oh, what a post, lori! i love the name, "fancy"! i love the breakers and the fog! i love little zoe's face in the window! i love surprises (when they happen to other people)! i love lake superior, and i am so, so, sooooo happy that lake michigan is ice-free!!!

happy (belated) mother's day!

rebecca