Friday, April 18, 2014

SOME STITCHING

 
AS PROMISED HERE ARE THE X~STITCH PIECES
I'VE BEEN WORKING ON LATELY.
ABOVE IS PHEBE'S FOREST BY THE CITY STITCHER.
I CHANGED IT A LITTLE TO SUIT MYSELF.
I REALLY ENJOYED STITCHING THIS ONE.
IT'S A BIT DARKER IN PERSON.
I STITCHED IT ON CREEK BED BROWN LINEN.

 
I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON THIS LARGER SAMPLER
DESIGN BY STACY NASH CALLED CHRISTMAS AT
HOLLYBERRY FARM. AGAIN, I'M CHANGING IT A BIT
TO SUIT MYSELF. ALTHOUGH THE BORDER IS TIME
CONSUMING I DO LOVE IT. I'M STITCHING ON TIN ROOF
LINEN WHICH IS NOT WHAT STACY CALLED FOR
BUT I LIKE HOW IT'S COMING OUT. I WANTED TO STITCH
THIS UP FOR LAST CHRISTMAS BUT DIDN'T GET TO IT
SO THIS YEAR I WAS DETERMINED TO HAVE IT DONE!

 
WELL, THIS IS WHAT WE GOT THE PAST TWO DAYS.
OVER A FOOT OF NEW FALLEN SNOW.
WE HAD GRASS SHOWING AND OUR SNOW WAS
FINALLY GOING.  WE GOT SIX INCHES A FEW DAYS
BEFORE THIS.  I THINK WE WILL STILL HAVE SNOW
ON THE GROUND IN MAY. WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING
ABOUT IT SO I WILL KEEP BUSY WITH MY
HOBBIES AND BE THANKFUL FOR THE PRECIPITATION,
HOWEVER IT COMES.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

7 comments:

cucki said...

wow super sweet stitches..
and so much snow..where is spring?
sending you warm hugs and happy easter x

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe how much snow you have!!! I am so very happy that you have so many wonderful projects to keep you busy!! Perfect weather for stitching and dreaming!! Your samplers are just perfect too!!! Stay snug and warm with your darling Zoe!!
Sending Easter Hugs my friend~
Julie

moosecraft said...

Beautiful stitches, Lori! I'm so sorry about the snow, though! That is way too much fresh snow to have this late in the season... I'll try and send you some sunshine for Easter Sunday! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, I adore Phebe!
I can't believe you have that much new-fallen snow. Enough already!
Happy Easter.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Heartsdesire said...

Can't believe how much snow there has been in the east. And you're right, you can't do anything about it. Perhaps though, good things will come in the way of finished projects. Have a happy Easter weekend.

Earlene L. said...

Happy Easter Lori...poor bunny Rabbit :0)
Beautiful stitches!!!
Earlene

dogwoodfarm said...

Hi Lori,
Love your samplers!!
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you are still getting snow!!
Hope Spring arrives soon!
Have a Happy Easter!!
xo