Sunday, April 13, 2014

NEW ANTIQUE GOODS

 
YESTERDAY I MET MY FRIENDS TINA,  JUDY
AND JUDY'S HUBBY AT AN ANTIQUES SHOW IN
WI.  WE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME AND I CAME
HOME WITH A FEW EARLY GOODS.
ABOVE ARE A SMALL BROWN CLOTH
COVERED SCHOOL BOOK,
SMALL TREEN PLATE AND SMALL TREEN BOWL.

 
INSIDE THE SCHOOL BOOK


 
AND THIS GREAT ANTIQUE TIN LANTERN.

 
LOVE THE TOP.  IT'S A SHORTER CONE SHAPE ON
TOP AND THAT IS WHAT DREW ME TO IT.

 
OK, LOVE~LOVE THIS OLD BROWN PAINTED TABLE.
I WAS WITH MY FRIEND TINA A COUPLE OF YEARS
AGO WHEN SHE BOUGHT IT AND TOLD HER THEN
IF SHE SHOULD EVER WANT TO PART WITH IT TO
PUT ME AT THE TOP OF THE LIST!  WELL, LUCKY
ME SHE DECIDED SHE COULD PART WITH IT SO
I BROUGHT IT HOME TOO!!

 
TOP OF THE TABLE.  YUMMY BROWN!
 
 
THIS IS AN ARRANGEMENT ON MY KITCHEN
COUNTER.  I PLACED THE PLATE IN A TOTE
AND THE BOWL BESIDE IT. THE CROCKS ARE
IN A TOOL BOX INSERT I TIPPED TO THE SIDE.
IT'S RESTING ON AN ANTIQUE PRAYER BENCH.


 
I HUNG THE LANTERN IN THE BACK ENTRY
BUT NOT SURE IT WILL STAY HERE.

 
THE BROWN COVERED BOOK IS PAIRED
WITH ANOTHER ANTIQUE CLOTH COVERED
BOOK I HAD IN A TAN PRINT.
 
 
I WANTED TO SHARE THE TWO GREAT
ANTIQUE MORTARS I PURCHASED IN THE PAST
COUPLE OF MONTHS ONLINE.  THEY ARE BIG ONES
AT 7~1/2" TALL.  LOVE THEM!
 
THAT'S IT FOR NOW.  I'LL SHARE
MY CROSS STITCHING WITH YOU SOME
TIME THIS WEEK.  I WANTED TO GET A BIT
MORE DONE ON THE STACY NASH ONE I'M
DOING NOW BEFORE I SHARE. 
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

12 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
I love,love,love your new goodies!!! Just wonderful!!! They look perfect in your home among your other prim treasures!! LOVE the table too, and so happy you are the new owner!! You have such a way of putting everything together so beautifully!! The mortar and pestles are amazing too....love them!!
Can't wait to see what you are working on! I know it will be wonderful as well!!
Hope you have a lovely day my friend!
Warmest Hugs~
Julie

moosecraft said...

Wonderful goodies! I love that basket rug the brown table sits upon!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you girls!

Sharon, the basket rug is Kelley's challenge we did in PRHG years ago. Lori

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful x

Sandra Sullivan said...

Oh mt gosh, you got some really great stuff and I love how you used them in your house.
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance

Earlene L. said...

Lori I am drooling over your pictures!!! You put things together so pefectly. I can see why you wanted that sweet table.
Is your snow gone yet?
Have a great week Lori....Hugs
Earlene

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful new goodies, love when I find special pieces to bring home. And that table is gorgeous and perfect piece for the living room.

Debbie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi, Lori...Wonderful goodies you brought home! Love the little table...perfect patina on that little gem! Everything looks great in their new home...the mortars and pestles are beauties!
Robyn

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thanks so much ladies!

Earlene,
Our snow was really going and then we got 4-5 inches last night! Poor robins!! Lori

bayrayschild said...

Oh Lori, such wonderful collections!

Audrey

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful finds Lori ~ Love the vintage school book ~ one of my favorite things to collect.
Beautiful displays ~ always enjoy seeing how everyone puts their collections together.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Rosemary said...

Lori, your home is so beautiful! I love the coffee table you got from your friend and particularly the basket rug! That is to die for! Love all your displays :)