Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MAKING MINI LOGS

 
AS IN LOG CABIN QUILT THAT IS! MY STRIPS
ARE CUT ONE INCH FOR FINISHED LOGS OF
1/2".  I'M USING A BLUE FROM AN ANTIQUE
PIECE I HAD FOR THE CENTER SQUARE.
THE LOGS ARE NEW FABRICS IN BROWNS
AND TANS. I'M DOING SIX BLOCKS AND WILL
HAND QUILT IT.  IT'S GOING IN THE GUEST
BEDROOM IN PLACE OF A ONE PATCH I
HAD IN THERE.  JUST TIME FOR A LITTLE
CHANGE.  I PIECED A LITTLE FOUR PATCH ON
POINT FOR A CUPBOARD DOOR IN THE LIVING
ROOM AND HAVE THAT ALL BASTED READY
TO HAND QUILT.  WILL SHOW YOU WHEN I GET
THESE TWO SWEET LITTLE QUILTS DONE.

 
AND HERE IS MY BUNNY, BASKET & BLOOMS
DESIGN PUNCHED UP BY MARION SCHMIDLIN.
MARION DID A WONDERFUL JOB AND IT'S A THRILL
FOR ME TO SEE MY DESIGN DONE UP BY SOMEONE
ELSE. THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURE MARION!
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

15 comments:

linda said...

Love the log cabin blocks in those colors, really pretty!

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow, do I love your log cabin quilt blocks, can't wait to see it finished. Love your needle punch too. Lecia

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lori, Your log cabin blocks are so pretty, are you doing a whole quilt of 6" log cabin blocks? My, you are ambitious:) !!! Love your punch needle bunny, too.
Melinda

Earlene L. said...

Very pretty Lori!!!
Hugs
Earlene

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

oh i love those little blue logs Lori!!
and your design in punch is so very pretty ~

xoxox
L

WoolenSails said...

Love the mini logs, I do have a lot of scraps and need to use them, and the punched piece is beautiful.

Debbie

Elisha said...

That mini log cabin is going to be gorgeous....post the finished project! I wish I still had time to quilt! :(

moosecraft said...

Love these tiny log cabin blocks! That blue really pops!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
As usual, I LOVE what you are working on!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE log cabin blocks and the antique blue is just perfect!! I have so many small pieces of that color too and love that idea.......hmmm!!! I have some little dollies I am making with some of that blue for dresses!! Love using antique fabrics whenever I can!
Love the punched piece too!! How exciting for you to see it done by someone else!!! Great job and beautiful design!!
Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!!
Sending Warm Hugs~
Julie

ihook2 said...

Love the blue center instead of the normal red. Can't wait to see your finished little quilt.
Hugs-
Pam

quiltsbycheri said...

lovely.....log cabins and one inch strips are my favorites!

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I LoVe those tiny log cabin blocks!
LoVe the little bunny sampler too!
Beautiful!

dogwoodfarm said...

Beautiful colors and piecing work Lori!!
The bunny pattern is so sweet!
xo Louise

Kathleen Woodbury said...

I love log cabin quilts! Your minis are inspiring me to maybe make one myself. Haven't made a full sized quilt in decades. Love your changes, the lanterns are gorgeous together!

Constance said...

Lori, I make things as you do, like you, and cannot get that same look. Any suggestions? (looks, colors,etc. do not compare to yours.)