Tuesday, April 29, 2014

LITTLE FOUR PATCH & LANTERNS

 
I JUST FINISHED THIS LITTLE QUILT FOR THE
DOOR OF THE LITTLE CUPBOARD ON TOP OF
OUR ENTERTAINMENT CENTER.
I WANTED SOMETHING THAT WENT WITH THE
 COLORS OF THE OLD BEAR, BONNETS,
LANTERNS AND PANTRY BOXES.

 
LITTLE FOUR PATCH QUILT.

 
I MOVED THE ANTIQUE LANTERN I PURCHASED
A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO INTO THE LIVING ROOM
AND PAIRED IT WITH AN ANTIQUE ONE I BOUGHT A FEW YEARS
AGO. I LIKE THEM HUNG TOGETHER. I TOOK DOWN A COUPLE
OF MY REPRO BONNETS TO MAKE ROOM BUT THAT'S OK.
 
TODAY I HOPE TO GET BACK TO THE LITTLE
LOG CABIN QUILT.  I HAVEN'T TOUCHED IT
SINCE I SHOWED THE TWO PIECED BLOCKS LAST
WEEK.  I THINK IT'S A GOOD DAY TO WORK ON IT.
 
WELL, WE ARE A COUPLE OF DAYS AWAY FROM THE MONTH
OF MAY AND WE ARE GETTING YET MORE SNOW TODAY!
BUT I WILL TAKE THE SNOW OVER THE TERRIBLE TORNADO'S
AND LOSS TO THOSE IN THE AREAS WHERE THE
RECENT DEVASTATION HAS OCCURRED.
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT
TO ALL OF YOU.
 
 

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful little quilt. I like the idea of making mini ones to hang in small areas to prim them up.

Debbie

Bobbie said...

I love your little quilts, Lori! I have mine framed and hanging..Love them! I really love your lanterns..I don't believe I've ever seen any before..except in magazines. Beautiful arrangement with your bonnets!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lori,
LOVE your sweet little quilt and it looks just perfect there! I also love your little changes and additions! It makes this look fresh and new and that always feels good!
Sorry you are still having snow! Boo!
I wish I could send you some of my weather here......90's this week!!
I can't wait to see your other quilt!!
Have a happy day creating, my friend!
Warmest Hugs~
Julie

cucki said...

Such a sweet quilt..
Very pretty treasure..
Hugs x

Orange Sink said...

Oh Lori... snow here today too .. at least it's not accumulating!
LOVE that little quilt and it's colors! The lanterns are wonderful! Great decorating as usual! Sure is good wool dyeing weather and stitching! Yes I agree about the tornadoes and add my prayers and deep concerns for those suffering such great loss.
Hugs!!
Cathy G

dogwoodfarm said...

Lori, your little quilt looks so sweet!!
xo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori,
What a sweet little quilt. You've found the perfect spot for it.
I hope spring will arrive soon for you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

I love the colors in your little quilt. You did a great job and it looks perfect with your other goodies hanging. Love those lanterns too! Janice

ihook2 said...

You have a keen eye for decorating. Such a perfect space for the little quilt. Love the colors.
Hugs-
Pam

Mugwump Woolies said...

Ooooh....it all looks so wonderful! The little quilt has lots of my favorite colors and you've displayed it wonderfully...with lots of my favorite things!
Robyn

barb said...

Love the little quilt, Lori. It looks really nice where you placed it. I finally finished quilting the second baby quilt. Now to bind it, wash it and give it to my grand daughter. Finally stopped raining here and temps are around 70 degrees. Good gardening weather.

marly said...

The colors in that sweet quilt are perfect. Every one of them!