Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A QUILT TO FINISH

 
THIS PATTERN IS CALLED A TISKET, A TASKET
AUNT ROMA'S GARDEN BASKET
BY PRIMITIVE PIECES BY LYNDA.
I BROKE MY RIGHT ANKLE A FEW YEARS AGO AND
SINCE I HAD TO MEND OVER THE WINTER I DECIDED
TO TRY AND USE MY LEFT FOOT TO MACHINE PIECE THE TOP
TOGETHER AND IT WORKED! WE CAN ALWAYS FIND
A WAY IF WE SET OUR MINDS TO IT. :-)
I MADE MINE SCRAPPY WITH JUST THREE COLORS.
REDS, BLACKS AND TANS.

 
YEARS AGO I BELONGED TO A QUILT GROUP
AT OUR LOCAL MUSEUM AND I CONTACTED
LYNDA TO GET A TRUNK SHOW OF HER QUILTS
FOR OUR SHOW. THIS IS A PICTURE I TOOK OF
HER ORIGINAL QUILT. I JUST FELL IN LOVE
WITH IT. MY TOP HAS BEEN IN THE CLOSET LONG
ENOUGH. I'M THINKING THIS WINTER IS
THE PERFECT TIME TO APPLIQUE THE FLOWERS,
STEMS AND LEAVES AND GET IT HAND QUILTED.
THE APPLIQUES ARE BIGGER SO IT WILL BE FUN
TO DO. BUT I PROBABLY WON'T START UNTIL AFTER
MY NEXT UPDATE, WHICH I AM WORKING ON NOW.
 
ENJOY YOUR DAY AND STAY WARM!
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love your version and well worth finishing, will make a wonderful quilt for spring.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Wow! That's a great design! I need more time to stitch all that I see! lol!

Orange Sink said...

I love the basket design Lori! I love your positive attitude that we can accomplish anything if we want to bad enough.... but gosh sewing with your left foot had to be hard!!
Can't wait to see your new creations on your update!
Happy stitching!!
WARM hugs!!!
Cathy G

Prims By The Water said...

I like the colors you chose over the original...guess its more my style. Great job as I cannot quilt at ALL. janice

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Nice colors! I like your version best.

edie said...

Lori, I have admired this quilt design since first seeing it a few years ago, but I really like your colors even better than the original. Even without the applique, its simplicity is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Hi Lori, I have always loved basket quilts and your color choices are always so beautiful! Tina

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
I love basket quilts too and your color choices are some of my very favorite ones - red, black, and mustard!!!
I can't wait to see all the lovely appliqued pieces!!!
I know it will be another beauty when you get it all done!!
Hope you are staying warm and have a great week, my friend!
Warm Hugs~
Julie