Saturday, November 2, 2013

REMEMBER THIS?

 
I STARTED THIS SAMPLER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR
AND THEN GOT SIDETRACKED AND TUCKED IT
AWAY. IT WAS INSPIRED BY A PICTURE I HAD
OF AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER. I CHANGED THE COLORS
TO RED & GREEN WITH THE IDEA I WOULD USE IT
AS A SPECIAL SAMPLER TO DISPLAY AT
CHRISTMAS TIME. WELL, I PULLED IT OUT A COUPLE
OF WEEKS AGO OR SO AND GOT BACK TO
STITCHING. I CALLED MY FRIEND BILL TO MAKE
ME A PINE FRAME TO FIT IT AND.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
TA DA........

 
 HERE IT IS! I LOVE HOW IT CAME OUT.  I PREFER
LINEN BUT I HAD THIS PIECE OF EVEN WEAVE SO
DECIDED TO USE IT.  WITH CHRISTMAS
DECORATING APPROACHING QUICKLY, I'M JUST
SO GLAD I HAVE IT READY TO HANG.
 
I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO BOUGHT
MY NEW E-PATTERNS AND THOSE THAT WROTE TO ME
 IN SUPPORT OF MY NEW VENTURE. YOU ALL ARE
A BLESSING TO ME AND I THANK YOU FROM THE
BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ENCOURAGING ME AND
LOVING MY CREATIONS.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

11 comments:

dogwoodfarm said...

Love your sampler Lori!
xo Louise

Maria said...

Love the sampler! Perfect for holiday decorating. Maria

The Humble Stitcher said...

It's beautiful, Lori! I love your red and green color choice...just perfect for Christmas!
Hugs,
Sandy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful finish!
Hugs :)
Lauren

linda said...

Really like how your use of color turned out! Nice work.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome Finish!!!
I got my book today ~ Thank-You!!!
I can't wait until I can take some me time and get lost in the book!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

so pretty & festive ~ but still simple and sweet!
Love it...
L

Earlene Landis said...

Lori your Sampler is so pretty. Love the red and green. Christmas is approaching too fast for me but I always look forward to it.
Have you had lots of snow in your neck of the north?
Hugs
Earlene

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
Wow! Beautiful sampler! Love the red and green!
Congrats on the new business venture and selling the e-patterns! I haven't figured out how to do that yet! Wish I was a little more computer smart!!
Enjoy the upcoming Holiday decorating!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Cammie said...

It always feels great to get a project finished doesn't it!! It looks great and just in time for the holidays!
Cammie

thesimplequiet said...

oh my gosh, lori, it turned out beautifully!

rebecca