Thursday, November 14, 2013

MORE SLEDS

 
ZOE AND I JUST GOT HOME FROM A LITTLE
JAUNT NORTH OF US FOR THE DAY.
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET TO VISIT
WITH TWO OF MY DEAR FRIENDS.
SANDIE, WHO SOME OF YOU WILL
REMEMBER PRAYING FOR HER LITTLE GRAND
DAUGHTER WINTER THAT ENDED UP GETTING
AN ARTIFICIAL EYE. SHE IS DOING SPLENDIDLY
BY THE WAY.  AND MY FRIEND JUDY WHOSE
HOME I HAVE SHOWN YOU GLIMPSES OF  IN THE
PAST.  JUDY GIFTED ME WITH PART OF MY
CHRISTMAS EARLY SO I COULD USE IT
TO DECORATE WITH THIS YEAR.
SHE BOUGHT ME THE OLD SLED ON THE LEFT
WITH THE BOW OF GREENS HANGING. THE OLD
SKATES ON THE ONE ON THE RIGHT SHE
GIFTED TO ME LAST YEAR AND SHE SAID THEY
CAME FROM THE SAME ESTATE AS THE SLED SHE
JUST GAVE ME. THE SLED THE SKATES ARE ATTACHED
TO IS ONE I FOUND THIS PAST WEEKEND WHEN I
GOT THE LITTLE RED & GREEN ONE IN THE PREVIOUS
POST. JUDY HAS FOUND THE NEATEST OLD THINGS
FOR ME FOR OUTSIDE THE PAST FEW YEARS.
WERE IT NOT FOR HER I WOULDN'T HAVE SO MANY
WONDERFUL FUN RUSTY OLD THINGS TO PLAY WITH.
THANK YOU JUDY!

 
I LOVE HOW THESE TWO SLEDS ARE DIFFERENT
SHAPES AND WORN TO WEATHERED WOOD.

 
YES, WE STILL HAVE A LITTLE SNOW IN THE
YARD BUT IT WAS IN THE FORTIES YESTERDAY
AND TODAY SO WE LOST A LOT OF WHAT
WE HAD. NOTICE THE NEW BRICK WALL WE
HAD BUILT DOWN BY THE GARAGE.
NEXT SPRING OR SUMMER I'LL SHOW YOU
HOW NICE IT LOOKS. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE
OTHER WORK TO BE DONE DOWN THERE
THAT WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SPRING.
 
WISHING YOU A MOST WONDERFUL DAY.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

10 comments:

The Evening Stitcher said...

Love the sleds, Lori. I have a couple in my basement just waiting to be put out on the porch! We had a little snow down here, but it melted yesterday with the sun. Be sure and show pictures of your home decorated for the holidays!

cucki said...

I love the sleds too :)
Sweet hugs x

Patti said...

Lovely sleds! Just perfect!
Blessings, Patti

Rugs and Pugs said...

Fun!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sandra said...

HI Lori, I love the olde sleds. I bought one years ago that I put on my front porch for Christmas. I hang a bunch of greens on it too. Isn't it funny how we all love the same olde things. We have such good taste ~ HaHa!
Blessings,
Sandra

annie said...

So glad little Winter is doing so well, I have remembered to pray for her, and her family! Love the sleds, how good it is of her to gift you with all these fun things. I have enjoyed your sharing recently!

Earlene Landis said...

Sweet sleds Lori!!!

ihook2 said...

Love the sleds. Glad to hear that Winter is doing well.
Til Later-
Pam

dogwoodfarm said...

What wonderful gifts!!! Love them both!

Roberta said...

Love the look of those sleds! I have one too that will soon be going out on the porch. It's been cold enough for snow here but so far haven't seen a flake! So glad Winter is doing well. Sounds like she is a resilient little girl and not letting this slow her down. ~Roberta