Sunday, November 10, 2013

GOODIES FROM A LITTLE TRIP.....

 
I TOOK A LITTLE JAUNT DOWN INTO
WISCONSIN ON FRIDAY AND CAME HOME
ON SATURDAY. I WENT BY MYSELF AND
BUMMED AROUND LOOKING FOR THIS
AND THAT. IT WAS A GOOD RECHARGE OF
MY BATTERIES! I HAD BEEN LOOKING AT
ARNETT OLD WORLD SANTA'S FOR SOME
TIME AND HAD JUDE AT
(CLICK ON NAME TO GET TO HER SITE)
HOLD THIS GREEN GUY FOR ME. THEY WERE
FLYING OUT THE DOOR AND I WANTED TO
MAKE SURE I COULD GET ONE. JUDE IS
ALWAYS ACCOMMODATING AND WORKS HARD
TO PLEASE HER CUSTOMERS. THANK YOU JUDE!
I ADDED THE PUTZ SHEEP FOR A LITTLE EXTRA
FUN. I LIKE HOW IT LOOKS.

 
MY FRIEND JUDY WENT TO A DIFFERENT SHOP
FURTHER NORTH IN WI ON SATURDAY AND
SAW THIS RED ARNETT'S OLD WORLD SANTA.
SHE CALLED ME AS SHE KNEW I WANTED
A BARN RED ROBBED ONE AS WELL.
I COULDN'T RESIST HIM!
SO SHE BROUGHT HIM TO ME ON HER
WAY HOME. HE IS A HANDSOME FELLOW
WITH BLACK BAG AND RUSTY BELL IN HIS
HAND AND ON HIS HAT.

 
I WAS ABLE TO STOP AT AN ANTIQUES MALL
AND FOUND THIS SWEET LITTLE RED & GREEN
SLED WITH LOTS OF WEAR TO THE PAINT AND
COULDN'T RESIST IT EITHER.
 MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS TO USE IT
SOMEWHERE OUTSIDE BUT IT'S JUST TOO
NICE AND TOO CUTE SO I BELIEVE I WILL TRY
TO FIND A PLACE INSIDE OUR LITTLE HOUSE FOR IT.
 
WE STILL HAVE ABOUT 3 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE
GROUND SO I DON'T MIND TELLING YOU EVEN THO
IT'S EARLY IT SURE DOES PUT ME IN THE MOOD
TO DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS! AND NOW I HAVE
SOME NEW FUN THINGS TO ADD IN.
 
I FINISHED THE APPLIQUE WALL QUILT I'VE BEEN
WORKING ON AND HOPE TO HAVE AN E-PATTERN
READY BY THE END OF THE WEEK SO ALL YOU
QUILTER'S OUT THERE GET YOUR NEEDLES READY!
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

15 comments:

marly said...

Score! Handsome gents. Snow? It's in my forecast.

Michelle said...

How wonderful. I have a hard time finding things like this on the West Coast!

Penny said...

Great Santas! You got a couple of good looking fellas to add to your Christmas decorating!

The Evening Stitcher said...

Glad you had a good time, Lori! sometimes it's just nice getting out by yourself. Aren't those Arnett Santas something? I love mine..I wish I had bought a second one while at Simple Goods. I love the sled!

Earlene Landis said...

Love your santas Lori. Love Simpler Times website. Her shop is FULL of all kinds of goodies. How long of a drive is it from you.
I talked to a lady at the Breckenridge show yesterday from the UP and she said it was a terrible storm driving to the show.
Have a great week....Hugs
Earlene

HomeSpunPrims said...

Earlene,
It's a 3 hour drive to A Simpler Time for me. Well worth it tho! Yes, it's full of wondrous things. Lori

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun. So happy you brought some new treasures home.
Hugs :)
Lauren

linda said...

Love your two Santas! How nice to welcome them home.

annie said...

I love the SAntas, and the sleigh is adorable.

cucki said...

Aww sweet treasure
Big hugs x

moosecraft said...

The sled is a great find... and I LOVE those Santa's!!!! It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
ou went to my favorite shop! Oh the Santa is beautiful and the Red Arnette Santa is similar to the one we purchased at wholesale for a customer (and she loved hers too!).
Glad you had a fun trip.
Karen

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great stuff! Such a sweet old sled and a couple of great Santa's...what fun you will have adding them to your Christmas house!
Robyn

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Sweet Santa's!!!
A Simpler Time shop is one of my favorite prim shops to go and explore. I was out traveling on Sat and found a wonderful shop in Lodi Cottage House Primitives.
Love the sled!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Linda said...

Hi Lori, I sent you an email about downloading my Belsnickle pattern from you.
Wasn't sure, since a link didn't come up. Thanks, Linda