Wednesday, October 2, 2013

MAKING DO~MAKING IT WORK!


 
I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A NEW QUILT FOR OUR
HOME FOR OUR CHRISTMAS DECOR THIS YEAR.
I USED AN ANTIQUE QUILT FOR INSPIRATION AND
AM GIVING IT MY OWN TWIST. I'M NOT SHOWING
THE FULL BLOCKS YET AS I AM CONSIDERING
DOING AN E PATTERN OF THE QUILT IN A FEW
WEEKS. WHAT I WANTED TO SHARE TODAY IS
WHEN I WAS ALMOST DONE APPLIQUEING
MY 5th BLOCK (THERE ARE SIX TOTAL)
I FOUND THIS LITTLE 3/8" TEAR IN THE
BACKING. IT WAS NOT GOING TO BE UNDER THE
APPLIQUE SO I HAD TO THINK ABOUT WHAT TO
DO. I KNEW I DID NOT WANT TO START OVER AND
MAKE A NEW BLOCK. SO AS NOT TO WASTE MY
TIME AND THIS BLOCK I DECIDED TO MAKE DO
AND COVER THE SLIT WITH A TINY BIRD.
 
 
I DIDN'T WANT IT TO STICK OUT AND TAKE AWAY
FROM THE RED APPLIQUE OF THE BLOCK SO
I DID IT IN A NEUTRAL. YOU CAN SEE IT BUT IT
DOESN'T STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB!
SO WITH A LITTLE INGENUITY I'VE
FIXED MY QUILT BLOCK AND ADDED A BIT
OF WHIMSY TO MY QUILT.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

14 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Who doesn't love a little bird popping up unexpectedly!
Good thinking!
Can't wait to see the whole quilt.
Robyn

Ronnie said...

Good job, smart thinking!

linda said...

What a nice idea; he looks cute.

kelley said...

love your make do bird...looking forward to seeing the quilt...

quiltsbycheri said...

make dos.....make the best quilts....will love it I'm sure

quiltsbycheri said...

make dos.....make the best quilts....will love it I'm sure

Maria said...

Just like the pioneer women! Maria

cucki said...

So sweet ❤️❤️

moosecraft said...

lol! Very clever! :-)

my3Kitties said...

great fix, can't wait to see it all finished!

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Perfectly sweet idea and it looks just right!! "Making do" is truly fitting for an old quilt!!
Can't wait to see it!
Big Hugs~
Julie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Lori it is looking great and what a great idea on the little bird!

annie said...

That's a wonderful solution, I love it!

thesimplequiet said...

perfect solution, lori! what's better than a little bird with good news?

rebecca