Monday, September 9, 2013

GIFTS & GOODIES

 
THIS IS A LITTLE QUILT I MADE FOR MY
FRIEND PAM AND GIFTED IT TO HER AT
THE SHOW. THE BASKET/CROW DESIGN IS
FROM THE BOOK LADY BIRD, LADY BIRD
BY JAN PATEK/ALMA ALLEN.

 
THIS IS A LITTLE QUILT I MADE FOR MY FRIEND
BOBBIE AND ALSO GIFTED IT TO HER AT THE
SHOW. BOBBIE HAS TWO OTHER LITTLE QUILTS
OF DIFFERENT PATTERNS IN BROWNS & BLUES
THAT I MADE FRAMED ON THE WALL. I THINK
SHE IS PLANNING ON ADDING THIS ONE TO THE
GROUPING. I ENJOYED MAKING THESE SMALL GIFTS
FOR MY FRIENDS BEFORE WE LEFT FOR THE SHOW.

 
I BOUGHT THIS LITTLE BASKET FROM ANN.
IT'S THE CUTEST LITTLE BASKET AND I HAD ADMIRED THEM
ON HER ETSY SITE BUT HADN'T GOTTEN AROUND
TO GETTING ONE. I PLAN TO PUT IT NEXT TO
MY CHAIR WHEN I AM HOOKING TO HOLD
THE LITTLE WOOL SNIPPETS I TRIM OFF OF MY RUGS.

 
HERE IS THE SWEET LITTLE ANTIQUE DOLL
DRESS IN BROWN I BOUGHT AT THE SHOW.
I HAD BEEN WANTING A BROWN ONE FOR
SOME TIME TO HANG WITH MY INDIGO ONES
IN OUR BROWN & BLUE GUEST ROOM.
THIS LITTLE THING JUST CALLED MY NAME!
 
 
I COLLECT OLD HORSE COOKIE CUTTERS SO
I COULDN'T RESIST THIS ONE FROM BOBBIE'S
BOOTH.  ALSO THE CAT ONE FROM HER TOO!

 
I HAD BEEN EYEING THIS DARLING LITTLE OLD
CRADLE WITH GREY PAINT IN BOBBIE'S BOOTH AND
SHE WAS SO SWEET TO GIVE IT TO ME FOR
HELPING HER IN HER BOOTH. THANK YOU
BOBBIE! IT LOOKS PERFECT IN THE BROWN & BLUE
BEDROOM TOO AS I HAVE SOME OTHER OLD
GREY PAINTED PIECES IN THERE. I HAVE A THING
 FOR LITTLE OLD DOLL CRADLES! I THINK THIS IS
NUMBER 8 IN MY COLLECTION.

 
LAUREN HAD GIFTED ME ONE OF HER SPOON NECKLACES
A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. SHE WAS SELLING THE BEADS AND
HANDLES WITH WOOL PRINTED ON THEM IN HER BOOTH
SO I BOUGHT THEM TO ADD TO MY NECKLACE. GIVES IT
A NICE LITTLE EXTRA TOUCH, DON'T YOU THINK?

 
ALSO BOUGHT THESE TINY GOURDS. THEY ARE SO
LITTLE....I HAVE THEM IN A SMALL OLD WOODEN
BOWL IN THE KITCHEN. I ALSO BOUGHT THE NEWEST
ISSUE OF MERCANTILE GATHERINGS MAGAZINE.
THE AUTUMN ISSUE....AND I REALLY LIKE THE
DIRECTION THEY ARE GOING WITH IT SO I
GOT A SUBSCRIPTION TODAY. I HAD IT FOR THE FIRST
COUPLE OF YEARS AND THEN LET IT GO. THEY ARE
GOING MORE EARLY PRIMITIVE SO I THINK I WILL
REALLY ENJOY IT AGAIN. THAT'S IT FOR NOW.
 
I AM WORKING ON FINISHING MY GOODS FOR MY
UPDATE WHICH SHOULD BE NEXT WEEK.
MORE INFO ON THAT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 

17 comments:

Karen said...

The basket and crow design is my favorite but I like both little quilts. Very prim style.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
Great goodes!!! I'm sure you had the perfect spot for each and every item.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jonette said...

I think of you often when I look at my little quilt you made and I won in your giveaway. Happy Stitching!

quiltsbycheri said...

what wonderful treasures you gave, bought and received.....

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
Oh those little quilts are so precious! Your friends are really blessed to be gifted with your lovely hand work.
LOVE all your purchases! I have been enjoying all the pics on everyone's blog's of the show! It's on my bucket list!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Earlene Landis said...

Lori bet it was so much fun finding those treasures for your home. I like the Mercantile Gathering magazine now too.
It had great tutorials in it.
I so enjoyed meeting you and Brian.
((Hugs))
Earlene

Doniene said...

What wonderful treasures!! I've never seen that magazine - might have to look for one!

Blessings

WoolenSails said...

I like what you did with the crow and basket pieces, I do have that book. Nice goodies from the show.

Debbie

annie said...

This is such a wonderful post, I love all the photos. The little quilts, how beautiful they are, and your friends how great to receive them. I love the little dress, the cradle, and the cutters. Thanks so much for sharing all this, the spoon jewelry is just wonderful that she makes.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Lori.
It was great to meet you last Saturday. What a fun time we all had :)
I love all of your treasures and the little quilts you made. Lucky recipients....so nice of you.
Blessings,
Janet

cucki said...

Wow such sweet treasure..
Great hugs x

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Looks like you not only had a wonderful time, but you got some great new "things" to play with as well...love that sweet little cradle, how nice of Bobbie to give it to you for helping her! Enjoy playing with your new things...looking forward to seeing where they all end up. Tina

Mugwump Woolies said...

What lucky friends you have!...both little quilts are wonderful! The cradle is so sweet...I think doll cradles are wonderful to decorate with...they can hold all sorts of goodies. Can't wait to see what you do with all your goodies.
Robyn

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Lori ~ I was so happy to meet you and Brian and you are as sweet as can be. I'm working on finding the perfect place for my quilted mat that you so generously made for me. I will treasure it always, you are so gifted. I will leave it out year round as you know I love baskets and have such a fondness for crows. thank you from the bottom of my heart.
big hugs ~

thesimplequiet said...

oh golly! i'm so inspired after seeing all your goodies and after following your recent travels, Lori! thank you so much for sharing!

rebecca

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Wonderful goodies!

ScarecrowCabin said...

Great pictures Lori. I just posted some of the pictures I took at the show on my blog. Love how all the fellow bloggers who attended the show are sharing their pictures with everyone in blogland.