Saturday, September 28, 2013

ANOTHER AUTUMN DISPLAY

 
I HAVE THIS DISPLAY BY OUR BACK DOOR.
I MADE FIVE MORE CONCRETE PUMPKINS.
THE BIG ONE AT THE FOOT OF THIS CHAIR
IS SQUATTY COMPARED TO THE OTHER BIGGER ONES
I MADE PREVIOUSLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE
ENOUGH OF THE CONCRETE MIXTURE TO FILL
THE PLASTIC PUMPKIN MOLD BUT I LOVE
HOW IT CAME OUT AND GIVES ME A DIFFERENT
SHAPE TO DISPLAY.

 
I BOUGHT THE SMALL WHITE PUMPKIN
AT OUR LITTLE LOCAL FARMERS MARKET.
IT'S THE CUTEST SHAPE.
I TOOK ONE BIG, ONE SMALLER 
CONCRETE PUMPKIN TO MY
FRIEND KATHY THE OTHER DAY AND
PLAN TO GIVE MY FRIEND JUDY ONE
OF EACH ALSO. I'LL BE GOING UP HER WAY
WEEK AFTER NEXT SO WILL TAKE THEM
TO HER THEN. IT'S 72 HERE TODAY AND THE
LEAVES ARE REALLY TURNING. IT'S
JUST A GORGEOUS FALL DAY!
WISHING EACH ONE THE SAME.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

9 comments:

cucki said...

Looking so beautiful x

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Sweet Lori,
Just love your outdoor display and your concrete pumpkins are wonderful!
What a fun idea I hope to try sometime! The little white one is darling.....love those too!
So happy you are having gorgeous weather and I can just imagine the trees right now!!! *Sigh*
Have a lovely weekend my friend!
Sending Happy thoughts and Big Hugs~~
Julie

moosecraft said...

Ya' can't beat mums and pumpkins! :-) I always wanted to try making those concrete pumpkins... they look great... and the squirrels won't eat them! lol!

Maria said...

Looks great Lori! Maria

Earlene Landis said...

Lori it looks pumpkin wonderful!!!!
Lovin this weather too..seems like the trees are changing fast.
Happy Saturday....Earlene

jody said...

Love your concrete pumpkins! what a great decorating idea! boy fall is sure in the air, my favorite time of the year! i dont think its going to last long enough for me tho! enjoy!

Ann Frank said...

Hi Lori,

Cute concrete pumpkins! I'm just now catching up on over a month of blog reading/posting. It was so nice to meet you in Holly - and thank you for your patronage. Hope you are enjoying your clothespin basket. I'm exhibiting at a local rug show this coming Saturday and need to get some more of those made up. Hi to Zoe! ~Ann

Penelope's Beehive said...

Your autumnal decorations are so very inviting!
Smiles,
Judy

Kathleen Woodbury said...

Love your "squatty" pumpkin too! You inspired me to pickup one plastic pumpkin and am on the search for more different sizes and shapes. Thanks for sharing your decorating too! Love your " make-do". It's the best I've seen, like that they left the rush seat revealed.