Monday, September 30, 2013

A NEW DOLL

 
I USED MY NETTIE PATTERN BUT DID
HER WITH NO FACE. I MADE THE DOLL BODY
THIS SUMMER BUT HADN'T FOUND THE TIME
TO DRESS HER. SHE IS RAG AND COTTON
STUFFED. I MADE HER "SOCKS" OUT OF
A PLAID BROWN HOMESPUN. THEY ARE
PART OF HER LEGS THO.

 
 
THE BLOUSE AND SKIRT REPRODUCTION
FABRICS ARE BOTH FROM BONNIE BLUE.
I MADE LITTLE TUCKS ON THE FRONT OF
THE RED PRINT BLOUSE AND SEWED THEM
DOWN BY HAND. THE WAISTBAND ON HER
SKIRT IS A DARK BROWN/BLACK HOMESPUN.
THE SKIRT FABRIC IS A BROWN WITH TINY
BIT OF RED AND OFF WHITE IN IT.
I LOVED THESE FABRICS WHEN I SAW THEM
AND KNEW RIGHT AWAY THEY WERE GOING
TO BE JUST WHAT I WANTED FOR MY DOLL.
PERHAPS THAT IS WHY I DIDN'T DRESS HER
RIGHT AWAY. I'M ALWAYS INSPIRED BY ANTIQUE
CLOTH DOLLS AND TRIED TO GIVE HER THAT LOOK.

 
I DID A TUCK ON TOP OF THE SLEEVE
AS WELL. I THINK SHE TURNED OUT LOOKING
PRETTY OLD. OF COURSE I DID MY AGING
TECHNIQUE TO THE BODY.

 
I LOVE HOW SHE CAME OUT. I WILL
BE KEEPING HER BUT WANTED TO SHARE
HER AS SHE IS A SPECIAL GIRL.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

She came out wonderfully and i love the fabrics you used for her outfit.

Debbie

cucki said...

Wow she is so sweet..I love her ❤️
Big hugs x

Rugs and Pugs said...

She is VERY sweet! I'm happy to hear she will sharing your abode.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Trace4J said...

She is wonderful.
Love the plain face.
Woolie Blessings

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

She is awesome. I just love her.
Janet

ann hermes said...

I love your new doll. The details on the blouse are great.

The Evening Stitcher said...

Love your doll, Lori! I love her little dress. I'm going to make a pumpkin doll for my hallway...wish you were here to help me with a little dress for her! I love how you added the little "tucks" in her top..so sweet!

annie said...

I love her!
I always love the attention to details you put in all your work.
The tiny tucks are perfect for the look you achieved with her "age"! I love the blouse color & that of her socks!

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
She is absolutely wonderful and looks perfect sitting in her little chair!! Love your fabric choices and all your hand stitching, especially those tucks on her blouse!!
Sometimes we just need to "gift" ourselves with that special creation!
Have a great week, my friend!
Warmest Hugs~
Julie

The Humble Stitcher said...

She is beautiful, Lori. I love how she turned out!
Big Hugs,
Sandy

dogwoodfarm said...

Lori, she is wonderful!
xo Louise

Mugwump Woolies said...

She is a little beauty, Lori. I love sewing by hand...it is so relaxing and the results are so special.
Have a great week,
Robyn

Kathleen Woodbury said...

Thanks for sharing your new little sweetheart. It's been years since I made Amish and prairie dolls and came upon some of those old patterns while organizing my stuff. You have enticed me to begin making some again and this time I will keep some for myself too!

Janet - underthewillow said...

oh my gosh she is glorious Lori!!...really special indeed...thank you for stopping my my blog and for the kind words...happy fall!

Janet :)