Monday, August 26, 2013

SUMMER JAUNT IN WISCONSIN

 
MY BEST BUDDY KATHY AND I TOOK A TWO DAY
TRIP INTO WISCONSIN THIS PAST WEEKEND.
WE HIT FOUR SHOPS IN TWO DAYS AND WENT
FROM THE TOP OF THE STATE ALMOST TO THE BOTTOM!
OUR FIRST STOP WAS COUNTRY FRECKLES IN
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI.
CLICK ON THE NAME OF THE SHOP FOR A LINK
TO THE SHOPS BLOG.

 
THIS IS THE WOOL CORNER. KATHY IS HAVING
FUN CHECKING OUT THE GOODS. YOU CAN
SEE SHE ALREADY HAS AN ARM FULL!
THEY CARRY RUG PATTERNS AND WOOL BY
RED BARN RUGS.

 
YUMMY WOOL AND RUGS!

 
AS YOU COME IN THE FRONT DOOR THIS
IS WHAT GREETS YOU. ALL READY FOR FALL.

 
I BOUGHT THIS PATTERN BY RED BARN RUGS
TO HOOK FOR MYSELF.  I SAW THIS RUNNER
HOOKED BY RHONDA THOMAS OF
MY GLORY STARS AND LOVED HOW SHE
HOOKED IT SO IT WAS ON MY LIST.
I WAS THRILLED THEY HAD ONE IN STOCK.
IT WILL BE FUN TO HOOK UP.

 
WITH PERMISSION FROM RHONDA THE ABOVE
RUG IS THE ONE SHE HOOKED. ISN'T IT GREAT?
 
I HAVE MUCH MORE TO SHOW YOU SO PLEASE
CHECK BACK AGAIN IN A DAY OR TWO.
I'LL POST MORE AS SOON AS I CAN FIND TIME.
 
UNTIL THEN....LORI

13 comments:

Earlene Landis said...

Lori the rug is so sweet...great colors. How long does it take you to hook that size?
Love the pumpkins stump dolls on that grouping at the door...I would have bought one for myself if I was there.
See you in 2 weeks...fun fun!
Hugs
Earlene

Sandra said...

What a great rug. I know you are thrilled that they had it. You must have had a really fun trip.
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

The Evening Stitcher said...

Oh my goodness...what a wonderful primitive shop!! Sounds like you both had a great time. See you in a few days!

WoolenSails said...

What a great trip and fun shopping at new stores. Love the rug, really nice piece for fall and a nice bench topper too.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
I'm sure your rug will be wonderful. You always choose the bestest colors!
Looking forward to meeting you in MI!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
Someday I plan to visit Country Freckles shop! It looks like such a neat place! I do like that pattern a lot! Can't wait to see how you hook it up! I love how Rhonda hooked it too!
Thinking Fall for sure!!
Cathy G

cucki said...

Aww so much fun.
I am sure your rug will be so cute.
Happy fall hugs
Cucki x

moosecraft said...

Mmmmm.... heaven!

Kim said...

That is a great pattern. And that store looks like heaven. I could get in serious trouble in a store like that ;)

bittersweet said...

So fun, bet you found lots of great wool that you NEEDED,I saw lots I would like, your pattern will be great, Rhonda always does great work also. Have fun at your show in MI. and you will love Lauren, she is a sweetie.
Kaye

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,

What a wonderful trip for you and Kathy and the shop looks DE-VINE!!
So happy you could get away and play and shop and just have fun!!

Sending warm thoughts and hugs~
Julie

Kathleen Woodbury said...

Hi Lori,

Country Freckles looks like a great shop, I know Karen from My Colonial Home writes about her visits there too but I never seem to get to that area of the state. The rug you chose is wonderful, and loved seeing Rhonda's version. I am a newbie to rug hooking so still dipping my toe in the water.

What other shops did you visit on your trip? I live in south central Wisconsin and we have a summer place in Arbor Vitae, so I have shops here and there I do get a chance to visit every so often.

Thanks much!
Kathleen

dogwoodfarm said...

Lori,
What wonderful shops to visit!!
So much fun!!
Such a sweet prim pumpkin rug!!
xo Louise