Wednesday, August 28, 2013

LAST TWO STOPS...

 
OUR THIRD STOP WAS COUNTRY SAMPLER QUILT
SHOP IN SPRING GREEN, WI.
CLICK ON NAME OF SHOP TO GO TO THEIR
WEBSITE. THIS VIEW IS AS YOU COME IN THE
DOOR LOOKING TO THE BACK OF THE SHOP.
IT'S NOT A LARGE SHOP BUT OH THE WONDER
OF IT ALL!

 
THERE ARE SO MANY SAMPLER AND QUILT
SAMPLES DONE UP IT'S JUST PLAIN OVER~
WHELMING! YOU WANT TO JUST DO IT ALL
AND THERE IS NO WAY!!! I TRIED TO STICK
TO MY LIST SO IT WAS EASIER FOR ME BUT
I DID BUY A COUPLE OF THINGS NOT ON IT
BECAUSE SOME OF WHAT I HAD ON MY LIST
WAS NOT AVAILABLE. YOU COULD SPEND A
SMALL FORTUNE IN THIS SHOP! IT'S SO
WONDERFUL AND THE COLORS IN THE SHOP
ARE THE BEST.

 
SOME COTTON PRINTS AND A PILE OF
LINEN FOR CROSS STITCHING. PATTERNS ARE
EVERYWHERE!

 
DISPLAY AS YOU ENTER

 
I BOUGHT THESE X~STITCH PATTERNS BY
VARIOUS ARTISTS. THE ONE ON THE BOTTOM
IS A KIT SO I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED TO GET
STITCHING. DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL GET TO IT
THOUGH. TOO BUSY MAKING THINGS FOR MY
UPDATE RIGHT NOW.

 
MORE PURCHASES FROM COUNTRY SAMPLER.
LINEN FOR X~STITCHING ON THE RIGHT AND SOME
NEAT WIDE GOLD RICK RACK. SOME COTTON PRINTS
AND A HOMESPUN AND TWO BALLS OF VALDANI
PEARL COTTON FOR NEEDLE PUNCHING ON
THE LEFT.

ABOVE ITEMS ARE FROM PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS QUILT SHOP.
 SOME PIECES OF OVER~DYED PUMPKIN
WOOLS FOR MY LITTLE PUMPKIN RUNNER AND ON
THE LEFT SOME HOMESPUNS IN ORANGES AND A TINY
COTTON PRINT ALONG WITH SOME NEUTRAL VALDANI
PEARL COTTONS FOR NEEDLE PUNCHING.
 
 
BY THE TIME WE LEFT COUNTRY SAMPLER ON
SATURDAY WE HAD JUST ENOUGH TIME TO
DRIVE UP TO MENASHA, WI  TO PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS
QUILT SHOP.  WE KNEW THEY CLOSED AT FOUR
AND GOT THERE AT THREE! BOY, DID WE DO SOME
POWER SHOPPING!! BUT BY THEN WE DIDN'T HAVE TOO
MUCH LEFT ON OUR LISTS AND IT WORKED OUT
PERFECTLY. I HAD A FILLED PUNCH CARD TO USE
WHICH MEANT I GOT $20. OFF MY PURCHASE.
WE THOUGHT WE MIGHT SPEND THE NIGHT IN THIS
AREA BUT BY THE TIME WE FINISHED AT
PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS AND HAD A BITE TO EAT
WE DECIDED TO JUST HEAD FOR HOME WHICH
IS A 2~1/2 HOUR DRIVE. I GOT HOME ABOUT
8 PM AFTER I DROPPED KATHY OFF AT HER HOUSE.
ALL IN ALL IT WAS A WONDERFUL LONG
AWAITED TRIP WITH A DEAR FRIEND. I THINK
THIS MIGHT BE AN ANNUAL EVENT!
 
HOPE YOU ENJOYED TRAVELING ALONG WITH
US ON OUR LITTLE JAUNT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE
NEXT TRIP WHICH WILL BE TO LOWER MI FOR
THE HARVEST AT THE MILL SHOW IN HOLLY A WEEK
FROM THIS SATURDAY.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING OLD FRIENDS AND
MEETING NEW FRIENDS. SEE YOU ALL SOON!
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI
 
 
 

8 comments:

cucki said...

Wow wow....
Love for you x

Sandra said...

What a wonderful trip you must have had. I have always wanted to go to The Country Sampler in Spring Green.
Blessings,
Sandra

moosecraft said...

Oh YES! I enjoyed "traveling along".... LOVE these two shops and visiting them is on my bucket list.... I do have that x-stitch pattern that you bought (and then kitted) Anything with houses... lol!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I really wish we had shops like these in our area of NC. There are none!
Looks like I am going to have to go on a road trip one day with a pocket full of money!
Thanks for taking us along. Can't wait to see what you make with your goodies.

Karen said...

I just love Country Sampler Quilt Shop - oh the eye candy in there - not only the beautiful quilts and cross stitch - but her displays are perfection. Hope to get there myself sometime this fall. Thanks for tour with your friend - sounds like you had a great time.
Hugs - Karen

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Woo-hoo! Can't wait to meet you next week! Looks like you had a great trip. See you in a few days, Dawn

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Thank you so much for taking us along on your wonderful trip! I would love to go to all of those shops personally if I could!! Glad you got some special time with Kathy too!
Looks like you will have lots of fun things to work with......happy stitching and creating ahead!!!
Thanks too for your lovely note and understanding heart, treasures indeed!!
Big Heart Hugs my friend~
Julie

jeanlycrawford said...


Great post i really appreciate this post it seems that there's a lot of interesting on this site.
some of my furniture in my home is almost the same of the pictures above. and i've put some decoration which is
cheap yankee candles on different part of my living room
i bought it through online which is in
yankee candle uk site.
it's nice if there's more decoration in our home or in house. well anyway i will bookmark this page for more new
interesting home updates :)