Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A FALL RUG

 
THIS WONDERFUL FALL RUG PATTERN WAS
GIFTED TO ME BY FELLOW RUG HOOKER
TOM McNERNEY ABOUT A YEAR AGO.
I FINALLY GOT IT HOOKED TO
ENJOY IN MY FALL DECOR THIS YEAR.
I DID A COLOR PALETTE THAT WILL GO
WITH THE FRIENDS HOUSE QUILT I MADE
RECENTLY. I THINK THEY WILL LOOK NICE
TOGETHER. THANK YOU TOM!
 
 
THIS IS TOM AT THE APRIL 2012 CAMP WOOL
HOOK~IN AT THE COASTAL HOUSE IN
WELLS, MAINE WHERE HE AND HIS
RUGS WERE FEATURED. YOU CAN SEE TOM
USES ANIMALS AND NATURE FOR HIS
RUG INSPIRATION. HE ALSO USES VERY WIDE
CUTS THAT HE HAND CUTS. HIS RUGS HAVE A
PRIMITIVE, FOLKY AND HOMEY APPEAL.
I LOVE HIS STYLE OF RUG DESIGNS.
TOM ALSO TEACHES.
 
I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON SOME FALL
OFFERINGS FOR SOME TIME IN SEPT.
MORE ON THAT LATER.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI


 
 
 

15 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori...your rug is great and will go with your gorgeous quilt so well. You have been busy! Love all the rugs your friend Tom has hooked...they look wonderful all together...love his colors!
Robyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

so pretty my friend!
can't wait for fall :))
Lori

cucki said...

so sweet x
fall hugs xx

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Lovely fall rug. Hope you will show us a picture of the rug and quilt in your home!

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Sweet Friend,
Just LOVE your new rug!! Those colors are so rich and will be the perfect partner to your quilt!
Tom certainly has a passion and talent for rug hooking and love the patterns!
So happy you are getting some things made! Can't wait to see them!
Thinking of you and sending Big Hugs~
Julie

s said...

Love your rug color choices! I love all of Tom's designs I see.
Sheila

Penny said...

So pretty!! Can't wait to see it with your quilt!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful rug and I saw a few of his, wonderful rugs and love his primitive style.

Debbie

ann hermes said...

I love the squirrel!

linda said...

Beautiful rug Lori-love the squirrel and acorns! I lTom's geese rug to from what I can see in the picture.

Kim said...

That is a great pattern. Your color choices are lovely.

newburyarts said...

*****once again...your hooking and
all needlework is perfection!!!
tom

Linda said...

wow, Tom is an accomplished hooker.....I like to cute my wool by hand, in fact I sold my expensive cutter and now just use my old scissors.

Deirdre said...

Lori your rug is great!

What a treat to see Tom and his wonderful rugs!

Deirdre
The Old Rose Cottage

thesimplequiet said...

I so enjoy visiting your blog, Lori ~ it's so uplifting and creative.... just like you! thank you for bringing some sunshine into the corners of my mind!

rebecca