Sunday, July 21, 2013

GIFTS FROM JUDY

 
MY FRIEND JUDY CAME FOR A VISIT ON
FRIDAY. HER BIRTHDAY WAS IN MARCH AND
MINE WAS IN JUNE. WE HADN'T BEEN ABLE
TO GET TOGETHER TO EXCHANGE OUR GIFTS
SO WE FINALLY WERE ABLE TO DO THAT.
JUDY MADE ME THIS DARLING LITTLE PN
HEART MAT USING ONE OF HER ANTIQUE
COOKIE CUTTERS FOR THE HEART SHAPES
AND VALDANI PEARL COTTON FOR THE THREADS.
I LOVE IT!

 
SHE KNEW I WAS LOOKING FOR TWO WHITE
CONE FLOWERS AND I HADN'T FOUND ANY
HERE SO SHE PICKED ME UP TWO FROM
HER AREA. I WAS THRILLED! THEY ARE NOW
PLANTED IN MY LITTLE FENCED IN GARDEN
UNDER THE KITCHEN WINDOW WITH MY
PURPLE ONES. THE WOODEN TOTE AND
BLACK PAINTED GARDEN TOOL WERE
ALSO FROM HER.

 
THE TOTE HAS A RUSTY TIN BOTTOM.
NEAT, HUH? JUDY FINDS THE NEATEST
TREASURES FOR ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH
JUDY FOR THE SPECIAL DAY AND WONDERFUL
GIFTS I WILL TREASURE.
 
KATHY CAME OVER AND SHE AND JUDY
EXCHANGED GIFTS TOO BUT I FORGOT
TO GET PICS OF THEM.

 
JUDY DECIDED TO GET RID OF A BUNCH OF
NICE COTTON QUILT FABRIC SO SHE BROUGHT
BAGS DOWN FOR US TO LOOK THRU TO SEE
IF WE WANTED ANY. THEY WERE NEVER
EVEN WASHED AND WERE FOLDED LIKE
SHE JUST BOUGHT THEM. JUDY BOUGHT
THEM BACK IN THE 90'S WHEN SHE THOUGHT
SHE WOULD BE GETTING INTO QUILTING MORE
AND THEN SHE DIDN'T. SOME OF THE PRINTS ARE
FAVORITES THAT I WANTED MORE OF AND SOME
I NEVER HAD SO AM THRILLED TO HAVE
THEM IN MY STASH NOW. I BOUGHT 16 YARDS
AND THERE WERE STILL PLENTY LEFT OVER!
SHE ONLY WANTED $2. A YARD SO HOW COULD
I RESIST?! THERE ARE SOME FROM JO MORTON,
BRANNOCK/PATEK, KANSAS TROUBLES AND
THIMBLEBERRIES. PROBABLY SOME OTHER
DESIGNERS I CAN'T THINK OF.
 
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL
WEEKEND. IT FINALLY COOLED OFF HERE AND
I HAVE MORE ENERGY TO DO THINGS.
I HOPE TO BIND MY QUILT TODAY SO I WILL
SHOW YOU THE FINISHED QUILT SOON.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

9 comments:

Earlene Landis said...

Lori your friend did good!!!
Very sweet items...you will love the cone flowers, the spread from year to year. They also attract the cutest little finch birds. You will always think of her when you see them.
So glad it has cooled down, opened all my windows last night.
Blessings
Earlene

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe you got all of that fabric for only $2 a yard. Lucky you!
Blessings,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

cucki said...

Wow..lucky you ...I am so happy for you.such sweet material.
And sweet items.
Big hugs x

Primitive Stars said...

Wow, what a sweet heart pin, love it and the Cone flowers, my favorite.....Also the tool carrier is very sweet, I would love it too, Blessings Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great goodies from Judy. I am sure she got wonderful things from you, too :)
Great deal on the fabric. You can never have too much, right?
Happy Sunday to you!
Hugs :)
Lauren

quiltsbycheri said...

I see a couple fabrics there I would to have in my fabric stash again.......lucky you!

ihook2 said...

Love all your goodies. Glad you were able to find some of the "oldies but goodies" fabrics for your stash.
More later-
Pam

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Wonderful gifts from your dear friend. The tote and tool are just great. I love garden antiques and cone flowers are one of my favorites. I'd love to get some different varieties too. Glad you had such a nice visit with friends.
~Nan

Primitive Treasures said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you both...from England!
That fabric is LUSH!!
Have a great weekend! xx