Monday, July 8, 2013

FRIENDS HOUSE QUILT TOP

 
HERE IS MY FRIENDS HOUSE QUILT TOP
ALL TOGETHER. I HOPE TO GET THE LAYERS
BASTED TOGETHER TODAY SO THAT I CAN
START TO HAND QUILT IT.
I ADDED THE PUMPKINS/GOURDS TO ADD A LITTLE
MORE OF A FALL FLAVOR. I LIKE HOW IT CAME OUT.
THE PEACH STRIPS AROUND THE OUTSIDE ARE
STRIPS I BASTED ON SO THAT I HAVE SOMETHING
TO PINCH IN THE HOOP WHEN I AM QUILTING
ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE. THEY ARE NOT
AND EXTRA BORDER. THEY ALSO HELP TO KEEP
THE OUTSIDE OF THE TOP FROM FRAYING WHILE
HANDLING. WHEN THE QUILTING IS DONE I
REMOVE THE ADDED STRIPS AND ATTACH
THE BINDING.  IT'S AN EXTRA STEP BUT I
HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH IT. I ADDED THEM
BEFORE I APPLIQUED THE PUMPKINS ON SO THE
QUILT TOP DIDN'T FRAY AROUND THE EDGE WHILE
I WAS HANDLING IT TO DO THE APPLIQUE.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

10 comments:

cucki said...

super pretty x

WoolenSails said...

THat is a wonderful quilt and love the fabrics you used.

Debbie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful!
Robyn

ihook2 said...

Just lovely, Lori. Love that "peach border"....haha. The added touch of the pumpkins and gourds makes it really fall looking. Could use some coolness here!
Pam

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
I just LOVE your house quilt and love the pumpkins! Such great fabrics and you know just how to put them all together! It's so scary how fast summer is going and how my thoughts are turning to fall also... especially since we are having a major mosquito outbreak right now!
Enjoy the stitching!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

quiltsbycheri said...

What a great tip, will definitely remember that......

moosecraft said...

Love this quilt! And thanks for the tip of adding the temporary border for quilting...

Linda said...

Very nice; love the colors.

Karen said...

The added fabrics strips......such a good idea. I have been tempted to do the same. I sometimes cut the final border wider than needed so I have room to trim in the end.

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Your quilt is really lovely and will look so wonderful in your home! You always know just how to choose the right colors and the added applique makes it all the more special! Great tip on the extra fabric strips too! Nothing worse than a frayed edge when you don't want one!!
Heart Hugs my friend~~
Julie