Monday, July 1, 2013

FRIENDS HOUSE PROGRESS

 
I WAS ABLE TO GET THE THIRD HOUSE BLOCK
IN MY QUILT TOGETHER. TODAY I MADE THE TREE
AND ADDED IT TO THE SIDE. THE PATTERN CALLED
FOR FLYING GEESE FOR THE TREE BUT I MADE
HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES TO MAKE IT MORE
SCRAPPY. ONE MORE HOUSE BLOCK TO GO AND
I CAN SEW THE TOP & BOTTOM TOGETHER AND
WORK ON THE SASHING AND BORDER. 
HOPEFULLY BY NEXT WEEK I WILL BE BASTING
IT SO THAT I CAN BEGIN THE HAND QUILTING
BUT WE SHALL SEE. I WANT TO ADD SOME
PUMPKINS/GOURDS AND WILL HAVE TO HAND
APPLIQUE THOSE ON FIRST. 
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

7 comments:

annie said...

I love the tree! This whole project is just going great, can't wait to see all the details as you add them to it!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Looks great Lori ~ can't wait to see what you add to it for an Autumn touch :)
and little Dog came to live with me today ~ he is fabulous and your work is impeccable my friend!!
Thanks for offering your handmades for sale to us all!!
Blessed be,
Lori

cucki said...

aww so sweet x

moosecraft said...

A lovely house and the tree is dang cute! You're making me want to get back to stitching on the Jan Patek Wisdom House BOM quilt I started waaaaay back in 2011? lol!

ihook2 said...

Like the scrappy triangles. You are certainly moving right along. Have a great day-
Hugs-
Pam

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great fabric choices, Lori. What is it about "houses" that makes us all smile? It's going to be a real beauty!
Robyn

Karen said...

House quilts are always good. And prim ones even better.