Thursday, June 20, 2013

WOOLY WOOLENS

 
THIS WAS OUR NEXT STOP ON OUR DAY
OF FUN! LINDA HAD CALLED AHEAD AND
ASKED THE PROPRIETOR JANICE IF SHE
MINDED IF WE COME BY. JANICE WAS GRACIOUS
ENOUGH TO LET US BARGE IN ON HER WHEN
SHE HAD JUST GOTTEN BACK FROM A TRIP.
SHE DIDN'T HAVE ALL HER RUGS UP ON
THE WALLS YET  SO I DIDN'T TAKE A PICTURE
OF THE INSIDE OF THE SHOP.
I DID HOWEVER DO A LITTLE SHOPPING!
 
CLICK HERE TO FIND WOOLY WOOLENS
ONLINE.

 
I HAVE LONG ADMIRED THIS WONDERFUL
RUG CALLED MY WORLD AND WHEN I SAW
JANICE'S RENDITION IN PERSON I WAS SOLD!
WORDS CAN'T DO IT JUSTICE!!
I DID BUY A LITTLE WOOL TOO BUT I FORGOT
TO TAKE A PIC OF IT.  JUST TAKE MY WORD
FOR IT....IT'S YUMMY!!

 
THEN THE FROSTING ON THE CAKE.....
JANICE INVITED LINDA AND I INTO HER
WONDERFUL, PRIMITIVE HOME!!
I TOOK ONE STEP INSIDE AND RAN BACK
OUT TO THE SHOP FOR MY CAMERA!!


 
WONDERFUL EARLY PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES
EVERYWHERE!! I WAS ON SENSORY OVERLOAD
BY THIS TIME BUT DID MY BEST TO BEHAVE
WITH DECORUM!



 
JANICE HAS A REALLY WONDERFUL
SCREENED PIE SAFE IN PAINT
ON TOP OF THE THIS TABLE.



 
I'VE ALWAYS LOVED THIS RUG AND JANICE
DID A SUPERB JOB ON IT. IT'S A PATTERN BY
EMMA LOU LAIS.

 
AFTER THE TOUR OF THE HOUSE
WE WENT BACK OUT TO THE SHOP AND
I PICKED OUT SOME WOOL AND PAID FOR
MY PURCHASES. THEN LINDA AND I WERE OFF
A TREASURE TROVE OF PRIMITIVE ANTIQUES.
 
I DIDN'T BUY MUCH IN THE WAY OF ANTIQUES.
BUT OUR DAY WASN'T OVER YET!
MORE TO COME.
 
UNTIL THEN.....LORI

12 comments:

annie said...

I love that first rug, and the later one pictured too! The photos of her home are fabulous! Wow! Hope to see your next installment also!

WoolenSails said...

That is definitely a place to stop and visit, love her rugs and her home.

Debbie

cucki said...

So beautiful x

NMK said...

Wow....beautiful pictures, lucky Girl !!!

Sandra said...

What a fun trip and such wonderful things to drool over.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot

Karen said...

Oh so glad you went out to get your camera...what a beautiful tour....thank you.
Her rugs are just gorgeous.
Blessings,
Karen

Karen said...

What a wonderful home - so glad your taking us along on your adventures. Can't wait to see what's next.
Hugs - Karen

moosecraft said...

Oh my! I'm sold on "My Word" too! Once I get the patterns I already have hooked, that is! lol!

Gayle said...

Mmmmm...... so many good things to see! I recently shared a picture of that Emma Lou pattern that was hooked by a gal in my group - the same pattern looks quite different because of color choices but they're both great!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Great rugs and home too!!

Earlene Landis said...

Wow!!!!
Love it!!!! Going back to look again.
Earlene

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...I promised I wouldn't comment on each and every post...and I won't....but good gravy girl...what kind of fantasy trip did you go on??? (Yeah, I know...had I kept up, I would know...trust me....I'll catch up and find out....) What wonderful rugs...and the crockery...Oh my!!! :o) Robin