Tuesday, June 18, 2013

THE WOOLY RED RUG

 
WE JUST RETURNED ON SATURDAY FROM A
NINE DAY TRIP TO MISSOURI TO VISIT BRIAN'S
FAMILY. I KNEW WE WOULD BE TRAVELING
CLOSELY TO LAURIE'S SHOP
IN MINNESOTA SO I CALLED TO SEE IF SHE WOULD
BE OPEN. I HAVE "KNOWN" LAURIE FOR A FEW YEARS
FROM A RUG HOOKING GROUP WE BELONGED TO
ON EBAY AND I'VE ORDERED FROM HER SHOP.
SO IT WAS A THRILL FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO MEET
HER IN PERSON. AND LET ME JUST SAY SHE IS THE
SWEETEST! HER QUAINT LITTLE SHOP IS IN
THE FRONT OF HER HOME.

 
HERE IS LAURIE, ZOE AND I. ZOE MADE HERSELF
QUITE AT HOME CHECKING THINGS OUT!
ONE OF LAURIE'S FABULOUS RUGS
HANGS BEHIND US.

 
A VIEW OF LAURIE'S SHOP.
A TREASURE TROVE OF GOODIES!

 
A FUN CORNER WITH THREADS FOR
ALL YOUR STITCHING NEEDS.
LAURIE HAS AN ONLINE SHOP CALLED
LJ FIBERS YOU CAN ORDER FROM.

 
I TOOK THE PICTURE OF MY WHALE RUG PATTERN
BY MARIA BARTON TO SEE IF I COULD FIND SOME
SIMILAR WOOLS TO WHAT MARIA USED AND
LAURIE HELPED ME FIND SOME THAT ARE
PERFECT.  THREE ARE OVER DYED.

 
LAURIE GIFTED ME WITH ONE OF HER SWEET
HOOKED HEART PINS. THANK YOU LAURIE FOR
A WONDERFUL FEW MINUTES THAT MADE MY
TRIP ALL THE MORE SPECIAL.
 
I HAVE MANY MORE FUN THINGS TO SHOW AND TELL
SO PLEASE STOP BACK AND CHECK.
I WILL TRY TO POST AGAIN TOMORROW.
 
UNTIL THEN....LORI

16 comments:

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
What a fun trip for you!! The shop looks so homey and Zoe is her usual adorable self!! So happy you got to finally meet your friend and I know that was very special!!
LOVE the HEART!!
I'm sure your time with Brian's family was wonderful and hope he is doing great!
Have a lovely week, my sweet friend!
Big Hugs to you~~
Julie

From Sherry's Heart said...

Beautiful Ladies!!! BUT it's Zoe who knows how to strike a pose!!!!

cucki said...

Wow such a fun trip...
Love for you x

Diane said...

Thanks, Lori for sharing this wonderful little gem. Your pictures are great. I will have to try to visit the shop the next trip home. Do enjoy your week.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Isn't it fun when you get to meet a "virtual" friend in person? What a great shop Laurie has...the kind of place you have to look and look so you don't miss a single goodie. Thanks for taking us along. Zoe must be a good little traveler!
Robyn

Carol Roll said...

Love her shop and the pumpkin man and whale rugs are incredible!

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
That is so neat that you two Laurie and Lori's got to meet! I have met Laurie at a couple of shows and I know she is a real sweetie! I can only imagine you had a lot to talk about!!
That Zoe... knows how to steal the show!!
Can't wait to see what else you have to share!
Cathy G

woolyredrug said...

Hi Lori,
Thank you for the sweet review! It was a treat to finally get to meet you in person...and a pleasure to meet Brian and Zoe, too! She could have just stayed snuggled up on the couch;)

Your whale rug is gonna be awesome, please post pics of your progress!

Glad you made it home safe and can't wait to see more on your adventure!

If I may...thanks to all your friends for their kind comments...if you ever find yourself in the Minneapolis area...hope you will stop by!!!

WoolenSails said...

That is wonderful that you could stop at Laurie's shop and meet her and a nice gift to remember your visit, by.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun!
I look forward to seeing your progress on the whale! I see a whale in my future, too ~ probably the Polly Minick one.
Hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

it sounds like such a fun trip and a sweet shop and great wool.
Cathy

newburyarts said...

*****sorry ladies...but miss zoe stole the picture!!!

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
What a fun visit the other 'Laurie'....I'm hoping I can get to her shop the end of July when we have to go up north...at least that's the hope.
Thanks for sharing.
Karen

dogwoodfarm said...

How exciting, the wool colors are perfect for this wonderful pattern!
What a fun trip you had!
xo
Louise

Patti said...

Oh what a wonderful shop! How fun. The wools you picked are just perfect. I have to say that Miss Zoe is the most photogenic dog that I have ever seen! Shhhh... Don't tell my sweet Orion.
Blessings, Patti

Karen said...

What a great post Lori. Laurie is a sweetheart and had a wonderful shop that I was able to visit a few times. I hope to get to her home in the near future to visit and get a rug hooking lesson from her. You've got some wonderful wools there and the heart is precious. So glad you both had the chance to meet up. Zoe is adorable as always.
karen