Wednesday, June 19, 2013

QUILTER'S STATION



TODAY I'M  SHOWING PICTURES OF A WONDERFUL
QUILT SHOP IN LEE'S SUMMIT, MO.
BUT FIRST I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING
SPECIAL ABOUT THE DAY I VISITED THE QUILT
SHOP. I MADE ARRANGEMENTS TO MEET
LINDA BRANNOCK AT THE QUILT SHOP WHEN IT
OPENED AND WE SPENT THE DAY TOGETHER!
LINDA KINDLY TOOK ME TO A COUPLE OF OTHER
SHOPS THAT I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT ON
ANOTHER POST OR TWO. WE STARTED HERE
AT RITA'S SHOP AND OH MY......IT WAS WONDERFUL
TO SEE ALL OF THE SUPPLIES AND SAMPLES.
I HAD BEEN TO QUILTER'S STATION BEFORE BUT
IT HAD BEEN YEARS AND THE SHOP HAS MOVED
SINCE I WAS LAST THERE.
CLICK HERE FOR THE SHOP WEBSITE.


I KNEW LINDA AND I HAD OTHER STOPS TO MAKE
AND I DID BRING A LIST SO I GOT RIGHT TO
SHOPPING!! MY STACK OF ITEMS GREW ON THE COUNTER.


I BOUGHT SOME NEW SQUARE RULERS
LIKE I ALREADY HAVE BUT MINE WERE
GETTING REALLY NICKED AND I WAS HAPPY
TO FIND THE SAME KIND. ALSO GOT A COUPLE
OF VALDANI PEARL COTTON BALLS FOR
NEEDLE PUNCH.


AND I DIVED RIGHT INTO THE YUMMY WOOL
AND BOUGHT A FEW WONDERFUL PRIMITIVE DYED
FAT EIGHTHS. RITA DYES THEM ALL HERSELF.


SAMPLES EVERYWHERE OF WONDERFUL QUILTS.


SO MUCH INSPIRATION AND FABRIC  AT MY
FINGERTIPS!! IT WAS HARD TO MAKE THE
CHOICES BUT I STUCK TO MY LIST PRETTY
GOOD AND THESE ARE WHAT I CAME HOME WITH:


SOME WONDERFUL COTTONS IN PRINTS AND HOMESPUNS.
YOU MAY SEE SOME IN MY NEXT UPDATE. :-)


THE YUMMY WOOLS I PICKED OUT. I COULD
HAVE GOTTEN EVEN MORE BUT LINDA INFORMED
ME OUR NEXT DESTINATION HAD WOOL ALSO!
SO I RESTRAINED MYSELF. THESE WOOL COLORS
ARE SHOWING UP BRIGHTER THAN THEY ARE.
THE REDISH ONES WILL BE USED IN MY WHALE
RUG FOR THE MENS SHIRTS.

WHILE LINDA AND I WERE SPENDING THE DAY
TOGETHER BRIAN MET UP WITH HER HUBBY
AND THEY PICKED UP A PRINTER FOR LINDA'S
COMPUTER. BRIAN HOOKED IT UP FOR THEM AND
VISITED WITH BOB.

TOMORROW I'LL TELL YOU OUR NEXT
STOP AND YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE
PICS I HAVE TO SHARE!!

UNTIL THEN....LORI

13 comments:

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Ahh, the Quilter's Station is a wonderful shop! I haven't been there for a while. Do you live in Mn? I am in Iowa. I have not heard of the wool shop you mentioned in your last post. Looks nice also!

Danice said...

What a great store! 'Love the things you bought :)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Missie,
I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lori

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful way to spend the day and a wonderful shop to visit.

Debbie

Patti said...

Quilters Station is on my bucket list. Seeing your wonderful pics makes me want to go even more! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see your next post.
Blessings, Patti

cucki said...

Wow beautiful store..love the goodies you bought.
Big hugs x

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Quilter's Station is a wonderful shop! I visited several years ago. Your fabric selections look awesome

Karen said...

Oh my gosh Lori that shop is heavenly - look at all that eye candy....YUMMMMM.
karen

moosecraft said...

Oh my! Fabric, thread and wool heaven! I'd sure LOVE to stop there.... you see that wagon in one of your pics? Yep... that would be my shopping cart... fill 'er up!!!!! ;-)

woolyredrug said...

Wonderful!!! Almost like being on the road trip with you! Looking forward to your next post:D

Karen said...

That shop was amazing in it's old location the one time I had the pleasure of visiting it. I couldn't believe the collection of homespuns she had. The new location looks just as amazing. We also hit a couple of other wool places while in that area. How great you could visit these wonderful places while in the area. Thanks for taking us along. Hugs - Karen

annie said...

Sounds like a great shop! love the photos!

motherbuzzard said...

I am only about 40 miles from Quilter's Station. It is a fabulous shop, and I am so lucky to have it at my fingertips! And Rita is great! If you are ever in the Kansas City area, it is a must stop!