Sunday, June 2, 2013

OUTSIDE

 
I'VE BEEN PLAYING OUTSIDE AS MUCH AS I
CAN PUTTING MY "STUFF" OUT AND THIS IS
WHAT I DID BY OUR BACK DOOR THIS YEAR.
I CHANGED WHAT I HAVE IN THE OLD SIFTER.
 
 
I HUNG THIS OLD TOOL AND 2  HAND FORGED
HOOKS IN IT WITH RUSTY WIRE. THE HOOKS
ARE TOO BIG TO USE ON THE SHED DOORS
SO I FOUND ANOTHER USE FOR THEM. THEY
ARE SO NEAT I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO
SEE THEM SOMEHOW. SIMPLE BUT
RUSTIC ~ PRIMITIVE.
 
 
THE WINDOWS ARE PAINTED ON THE SHED.
HERE IS THE ONE WITH THE TWO PANES
BROKEN. I REPLACED THEM SO IT LOOKS
MUCH NICER NOW. I PUT SOME PAVERS
UNDER IT TO SET THIS LITTLE OLD BROWN
BENCH ON AND ADDED SOME CLAY POTS,
A RUSTY WHEEL AND WATER CAN.
THAT'S AN OLD SEED PLANTER TO THE RIGHT
MY SISTER GAVE ME A FEW YEARS AGO.
STILL WORKING AROUND THE SHED.
BILL CAME AND MEASURED AND WE
DECIDED ON TWO NARROWER SCREEN DOORS
FOR THE SHED.  THE OPENING IS TOO WIDE
FOR ONE DOOR.  IT'S GOING TO BE CUTE BUT
NOW THAT THERE WILL BE TWO DOORS
I HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER HINGE AND
HANDLE AND SMALLER HOOK TO KEEP
THEM CLOSED. 
 
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH
ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED IN THE
SEVERE WEATHER OUR COUNTRY IS
EXPERIENCING. TAKE CARE AND KNOW YOU
ARE NOT ALONE.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI
 


6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
Glad you had good weather to be able to play outside...our days are few like that right now.

Your shed will be perfect with those screen doors...I like that idea.

Blessings,
karen

The Evening Stitcher said...

Love what you did with your back door and the shed is so pretty! I've been playing too much in my yard and now my whole house is in need of some TLC! I just haven't figured out how to be in two places at once! We're lucky to be in Michigan...the winters may be cold..but at least we don't get the violent weather like the other states...God Bless them!

WoolenSails said...

Your decorations look wonderful, I need to decorate more outside.

Debbie

ihook2 said...

Hi Lori-
Your handiwork on the window looks great. Love that old seed planter
Pam

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Seems like it has been forever since I stopped by!! LOVE your outside displays and have a special love for old sifters too!
The shed is really going to be perfect with all of your new touches!! Love the red!!!
Sending thoughts and prayers out as well!!
Thinking of you and will write soon!!
With Love and Warm CA Hugs~~
Julie

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori...I LOVE that cute red shed! I recently put a little bench outside my backdoor and I love seeing it from my sunporch...hmmm...I'll have to take a pic and put it on MW. The sifter is great and adds instant prim!
Take care,
Robyn