Friday, June 28, 2013

A SPECIAL GIFT & START OF A QUILT

 
TODAY MY FRIEND KATHY PICKED ME UP
AND TREATED ME TO LUNCH FOR A BELATED
BIRTHDAY GIFT. I WAS GETTING READY FOR
OUR TRIP TO MISSOURI WHEN IT CAME AROUND
SO WE DIDN'T GET A CHANCE GO GET
TOGETHER THEN. SHE MADE THIS WONDERFUL
SAMPLER FOR ME FROM A STACY NASH
PATTERN. IT'S A REPRODUCTION OF AN ANTIQUE
SAMPLER. I JUST LOVE IT AND I FOUND THE
PERFECT SPOT FOR IT IN OUR BEDROOM.
THANK YOU KATHY FOR A SPECIAL DAY,
SPECIAL GIFT BUT MOST OF ALL FOR YOUR
SWEET FRIENDSHIP. LOVE YOU MY FRIEND.
 
 
I'VE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE THIS QUILT PATTERN
BY JAN PATEK FOR YEARS AND DECIDED TO
GET IT DONE THIS SUMMER FOR MYSELF.
I HAVE THE TOP TWO HOUSES DONE SO FAR.
I'M REALLY ENJOYING WORKING ON IT.

 
IT'S CALLED FRIENDS HOUSE
FROM JAN'S BOOK HOMESPUN HEARTH.
I'M THINKING OF ADDING SOME APPLIQUED
PUMPKINS TO A COUPLE OF PLACES.
 
TOMORROW WE ARE GOING TO START
STAINING THE DECKS AROUND THE HOUSE.
IT'S COOLED OFF IN THE SEVENTIES SO SHOULD
BE GOOD FOR DOING IT EXCEPT WE'VE HAD SO
MUCH RAIN THE MOSQUITO'S ARE REALLY
BAD THIS YEAR.  OH WELL, IT'S GOT TO GET
DONE SO HOPEFULLY THEY WON'T BE TOO BAD. 
 
I'M OFF TO CUT OUT ANOTHER HOUSE BLOCK!
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI


7 comments:

annie said...

that's a beautiful sampler!
I love house blocks, these are very appealing, I love the colors. I think pumpkins would just fit right in perfectly, have a great weekend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a beautiful gift!!I love almost anything and everything Stacy Nash, but I don't recall seeing this pattern.... Lucky you!!! And oh how I wish I had the time, space, and creativity to quilt!!! Your work is just amazing!! Hoping all is well and you all are a bit dryer than we are in these parts...Yikes!!! Smiles & Best Hugs ~ Robin

cucki said...

Very sweet gift...
And your work is always so pretty
Big hugs x

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
What a wonderful sampler! What a dear friend you have.
I'm lovin' your house quilt.
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Happy belated Birthday Lori! The sampler is gorgeous! Your Jan Patek quilt is coming along nicely too! I just love her designs! The mosquitoes here are crazy too... the time it takes to open the back door and start up the grill (less than 30 seconds), I have 4 or 5 hungry skeeters attacking me... and they are a lot larger than I remember them to be... yeesh! ;-)

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Your sampler is just beautiful and Kathy did a superb job stitching it! How very special!! Happy Belated Birthday too!
Love your newest quilt and it looks like fun and I look forward to seeing it when you get it all done!!
Don't work too hard on the deck and hope those pesky mosquitoes take a vacation somewhere else!!
Heart Hugs~~
Julie

dogwoodfarm said...

Hi Lori,
Happy Belated Birthday!
What a special friend you have, the sampler is just beautiful!
You are such a great quilter, love your choice of colors!
Xo
Louise