Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK

 
THIS IS OUR OLD SHED IN THE BACKYARD.
OUR HOUSE WAS BUILT IN 1973 SO I AM GUESSING
THE SHED WAS BUILT SOME TIME IN THE 70'S
AS WELL. WE MOVED INTO THE HOUSE IN 1985.
 IT'S BEEN IN NEED OF SOME TENDER LOVING
CARE AND I AM DETERMINED TO GIVE IT A FACE LIFT
THIS YEAR! THE WHITE TRIM WAS PEALING OFF SO
BADLY WHEN I SCRAPPED IT ALL DOWN YESTERDAY
THE TRIM AROUND THE ROOF WAS ALMOST ALL
DOWN TO BARE WOOD. TODAY I MANAGED TO GET
THE UPPER TRIM PAINTED. THE WINDOWS HOWEVER
ARE ANOTHER STORY! YOU KNOW HOW YOU THINK
SOMETHING IS GOING TO BE A QUICK LITTLE PAINT
JOB? WELL ALL THE WINDOW PUTTY IS COMING
OFF SO I HAVE TO PUTTY AROUND EACH PANE
OF GLASS IN THE TWO WINDOWS BEFORE I CAN
PAINT THE WINDOW FRAMES. I HOPE TO GET TO THE
PUTTY PART TOMORROW WHILE WE HAVE
ANOTHER NICE DAY IN THE 70'S. 
I LOVE THIS LITTLE SHED WITH THE TWO CUTE
WINDOWS.
 
 
YOU CAN SEE OUR GRASS IS JUST STARTING TO
GREEN UP AND WE DON'T HAVE LEAVES ON THE
TREES YET BUT IT IS A GOOD TIME TO GET DONE
WHAT I CAN OUTSIDE BEFORE IT GETS HOTTER.
 
 
THIS WINDOW HAS TWO PANES OF GLASS MISSING.
I SUSPECT OUR SON SHOT THEM OUT WITH HIS
BB GUN YEARS AGO. SINCE I HAVE TO REDO ALL
THE WINDOW PUTTY I GOT TWO NEW PANES
OF GLASS TODAY TO REPLACE THEM WHICH
MAKES ME HAPPY CUZ IT REALLY REALLY BUGS
ME THAT TWO ARE MISSING!!! LOL
 
 
IN THE FIRST TWO PICS YOU CAN SEE THERE IS
A WIDE DOORWAY AND NO DOOR. BRIAN TOOK
IT OFF YEARS AGO SO OUR SON AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD
KIDS DIDN'T GET STUCK IN THERE. WHERE THE DOOR
WENT I HAVEN'T A CLUE BUT I AM THINKING
A NEAT NEW SCREEN DOOR WOULD BE COOL.
I BOUGHT THE OLD HARDWARE ABOVE AND HOPE TO
USE IT ON A NEW DOOR. I'M CALLING MY FRIENDS
BILL AND MAREE ( ARE YOU READING THIS MAREE?)
TO SEE IF BILL CAN BUILD ME THE PERFECT NEW
DOOR. IT'S A WIDE OPENING SO WE SHALL SEE WHAT
BILL THINKS WILL WORK. IT MAY TAKE ME
A WHILE TO GET IT ALL DONE BUT I HAVE A VISION
FOR MY CUTE LITTLE SHED AND I HOPE TO GET THERE
THIS SUMMER FOR SURE.
 
 
BRIAN TOOK THE ABOVE PICTURE ON SUNDAY,
MAY 5TH, TO SHOW THERE IS STILL ICE
ON ONE OF OUR LOCAL LAKES. THAT IS ICE
IN THE DARKER AREA TOO. CLICK ON IT TO
ENLARGE IF YOU LIKE. IN FACT THIS LAKE IS
CALLED ICE LAKE. SO NAMED AS YEARS AGO
BEFORE REFRIGERATORS BLOCKS OF ICE
WERE TAKEN OFF THE LAKE FOR THE ICE BOX.
 
THAT'S ALL MY NEWS FOR NOW.
I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR NECK
OF THE WOODS.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI


9 comments:

Sandra said...

You must be up on a ladder to do that trim. You are a brave person. I hate ladders. Please be careful.
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

HomeSpunPrims said...

Sandra,
Thank you for your concern. I only went up two rungs on the ladder. I'm tall and stretched to reach the higher parts so I didn't have to go up too high! Lori

WoolenSails said...

That will be a fun shed to fix up, lots of possibilities. I cannot imagine having ice still, I am happy to see winter leave.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your little shed, Lori. You should get your friend to build you a couple window boxes, too :)
Hugs,
Lauren

Sue said...

I love that little shed. Somehow I imagined a sewing studio in it!

How far up in the U.P. are you? I'm down here in the lower peninsula and the leaves are starting to come in in the trees.

We love to come to the U.P. each summer.

annie said...

I love your shed, you can do so much with something like that! Great for you bringing it back to life. Ice, wow, Hard to believe, it is early May! Have a great week!

moosecraft said...

Great little shed Lori! Sounds like you have some fun plans for it. Looking forward to seeing the "after"... :-)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Lori...what a cute little "house"...and the fact that it is red...perfect! I'm for window boxes too. Hope the Spring thaw is upon you soon!
Robyn

Maria said...

LOVE! This is going to be wonderful when your "touch" has applied! Maria