Sunday, May 5, 2013

SOME FUN!

 
BRIAN, ZOE AND I WENT ON A LITTLE
OVERNIGHT TRIP TO APPLETON, WI
ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.
WHILE IN THE AREA I WAS ABLE TO GO
TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUILT SHOPS...
PRIMITIVE GATHERINGS.
 
I BOUGHT A FEW COTTON FABRICS
THAT CAUGHT MY EYE AND
ONE PIECE OF DYED BROWN WOOL THAT REMINDS
ME OF COCOA. YOU CAN SEE IT ON
THE BOTTOM OF THE STACK.
I GOT FIVE PRINTS AND A WONDERFUL
BROWN TICKING HOMESPUN.
A PUMPKIN, A GREEN, TWO REDS, A BROWN, AND
THE BROWN HOMESPUN.
I HAVE PLANS FOR IT ALL BUT NOT
IN THE SAME PROJECT. I ALSO GOT
A FEW BALLS OF VALDANI PEARL COTTON
FOR PN AND A COUPLE OF OTHER LITTLE
THINGS. ALL IN ALL A MOST ENJOYABLE
TIME BROWSING IN THIS WONDERFUL SHOP.
 
WE LEFT IN SLEET ON FRIDAY BUT IT WAS
JUST RAINING IN APPLETON. YESTERDAY
WAS BEAUTIFUL THERE THO AND TODAY
AT HOME IS A LOVELY DAY OF SUNSHINE
AND MAYBE IT WILL MAKE 70.
 
HOPING YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI



6 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Hi Lori,
I envy you getting to visit the Primitive Gatherings shop! Everyone I know who's been there just rants about how wonderful it is! Some day we'll have to meet up there!! LOVE your calicos and wool you picked out! Can't wait to see what neat projects you have planned! I hope you get some 70's this week too.... they are predicting it here but I won't get my hopes up yet! The sun is out today though! HURAY!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

moosecraft said...

Mmmmm... cottons, wool and sunshine! :-) I'd love to make a trip to WI... I'd need a big truck for Primitive Gatherings and Country Sampler goodies!!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lori...sounds like a perfect get-away-day! The fabrics are all so pretty...can't wait to see the wonderful things you create from them! I'm sure it won't take you long to whip up some wonders!
Robyn

WoolenSails said...

Lucky you, that is a trip I would love to take. Beautiful fabric choices and perfect for some more prim quilts.

Debbie

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Love the fabrics you picked out especially the ticking stripe.
Look forward to seeing your projects you make from these!

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
I love that shop too! Beautiful fabrics you found.
Blessings,
Karen