Friday, May 17, 2013

SAMPLERS FRAMED


 
I HAD MY FRIEND BILL MAKE ME TWO PINE
FRAMES FOR THESE SAMPLERS. I PAINTED
AND AGED THE FRAMES THIS WEEK AND GOT
THE SAMPLERS IN THEM. THE SAMPLER ON
THE RIGHT IS A PATTERN BY THE PINKEEP.
A FUN LITTLE SAMPLER TO WHIP UP.
THE OTHER IS THE ONE I SHOWED A FEW
POSTS BACK INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER.
I MAY BE OFFERING THE MATILIDA FOR SALE
IN MY NEXT UPDATE SOMETIME IN JUNE.


WE'VE HAD SOME NICE DAYS SO I'VE BEEN
WORKING OUTSIDE WHEN I CAN. I PUT NEW
MULCH IN THE FLOWER BEDS ACROSS THE
FRONT OF THE HOUSE. BRIAN POWER WASHED
THE RAIN GUTTERS LAST NIGHT WHEN HE
GOT HOME FROM WORK. THEY ARE WHITE AND
NEEDED A GOOD CLEANING. THEY LOOK SO NICE
NOW! TODAY I HOPE TO GET OUT AND PAINT THE
WINDOWS ON THE SHED. STILL HAVE TO CLEAN
WINDOWS AND PLANT FLOWERS. SO MUCH TO DO!
RIGHT NOW IT'S TIME TO TAKE ZOE FOR A WALK.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

AND PLEASE IF YOU COULD OFFER UP PRAYERS
FOR JILL. SHE IS A FRIEND HERE THAT WAS
JUST FLOWN OUT TO THE SAME HOSPITAL IN
WI WHERE BRIAN HAD HIS EMERGENCY
SURGERY A YEAR AGO. WE DON'T KNOW
ANY DETAILS BUT POSSIBLE ANEURYSM.
 SHE NEEDS MIGHTY PRAYERS.
THANK YOU!

UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

6 comments:

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Hi Lori...I will definitely include Jill in my prayers...so sorry to hear this!!

Your samplers are both very beautiful...I do envy all that you manage to accomplish my friend!!

Have a wonderful weekend, Tina

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful pieces in equally beautiful frames. Very nice!!
I will certainly remember Jill in my prayers.
~hugs

cucki said...

Aww looking so sweet x

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love how your samplers turned out, Lori! You are so lucky to have a friend like Bill that can make such wonderful frames for you!
I will remember Jill in my prayers...
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Sandy

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Love these wonderfully stitched samplers. The colors in Matilda are so different. She really looks beautiful framed. My prayers for your friend Jill. Sure hope you get good news.
Hugs, Nan

dogwoodfarm said...

Lori,
Your samplers are beautiful!
I will keep Jill in my prayers.
xo Louise