Saturday, April 13, 2013

SOME SAMPLERS


DO YOU REMEMBER THIS SAMPLER?
I STARTED STITCHING IT TWO YEARS AGO.
IT'S NOT AN EXACT COPY BUT INSPIRED BY
AN ANTIQUE SAMPLER I SAW ONLINE.
I OVER DYED SOME DMC FLOSS TO
GET A NEAT SHADE OF BLUE I CALL
OLD CUPBOARD BLUE!
IT'S NOT AS BRIGHT AS IT APPEARS IN THE PIC.
HERE IS THE POST FROM TWO YEARS AGO:
I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS IT STUCK AWAY IN A
CUPBOARD AND DECIDED TO FINISH STITCHING IT.
I LOVE THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. THE BASKET
WAS SO NEAT I DECIDED TO PUT ONE ON
EACH SIDE ON THE BOTTOM.
THE ANTIQUE SAMPLER IS BELOW:
THE LITTLE BLUE AND REDWARE BORDER DESIGN
IS NEAT TOO. I'M THINKING OF OFFERING THIS
SAMPLER FOR SALE AT A FUTURE DATE BUT
I HAVE TO FIND OR HAVE A FRAME MADE FOR IT.


 
I ALSO SHOWED THIS SAMPLER TO YOU A FEW
MONTHS AGO BUT HADN'T FRAMED IT YET.
I PAINTED A PINE FRAME AND GOT
IT PUT TOGETHER THIS WEEK.
THIS DESIGN IS BY MY FRIEND TINA WOLTMAN.
YOU CAN FIND THE LINK TO HER PT AND PATTERNS
AT THE TOP OF MY BLOG ON THE LEFT.
I'M KEEPING THIS ONE!
IT IS NOW HANGING IN OUR BACK ENTRY WITH
ANOTHER SMALLER SAMPLER OF SIMILAR SHADES.
 
WE HAVE BEEN GETTING MORE SNOW FOR THE PAST
COUPLE OF DAYS AND SUPPOSED TO STILL GET SOME
FOR A COUPLE MORE SO I DECIDED TO START HOOKING
A RUG. I'VE HAD THIS RUG IN MY STASH FOR A FEW
YEARS AND HAVEN'T HOOKED IT YET. I MUST
CONFESS THE BORDER HAS INTIMIDATED ME!
SO I DECIDED IT'S HIGH TIME I BITE THE BULLET
AND JUST GO FOR IT!!! STAY TUNED FOR A
GLIMPSE OR TWO IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
I DO WANT TO USE 2~3 NEW WOOLS I HAVE ON
ORDER FROM REBECCA ERB SO I MAY NOT HOOK
TOO MUCH UNTIL THEY GET HERE THIS WEEK.
 
HAVE A GLORIOUS WEEKEND WHEREVER
YOU ARE!
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI

11 comments:

Sandra said...

You should offer your sampler for sale - it is beautiful.
Many Happy Stitches,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

It is so wonderful, beautiful stitching!

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love both of your samplers, Lori! Your floss shade of Old Cupboard Blue looks so perfect for the baskets and in the alphabet too...I love how it turned out!
Looking forward to seeing the rug you are working on :)
Big Hugs,
Sandy

Orange Sink said...

Lori,
Such beautiful work as always! That cupboard blue is wonderful!
I can't wait to see your rug... Our shipment of Rebecca Erb wool came Thursday and Fri too.... oh my goodness... this is the most gorgeous wool! Heaven's to Betsy came too and they were equally as gorgeous! The shop is now in debt up to our eyeballs! LOL!!
Have fun with the new rug!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful stitchin'!!!
Looking forward to seeing the rug your working on!
Prim Blessings
Robin

quiltsbycheri said...

wonderful samplers and I'm sure your rug will be another beauty......

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Lori,
Your samplers are just sheer perfection!
Donna

moosecraft said...

Beautiful stitches Lori! Samplers are always a joy to stitch and display! Looking forward to seeing which design you are hooking... I hope the snow melts quickly! Spring sure is taking it's sweet time arriving this year!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Beautiful stitching. I especially love your inspired sampler. It will look so pretty framed. ~Nan

annie said...

the samplers are just beautiful, the basket sure was different, I loved it!

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Lori,
Once again you have created a beautiful piece!! I am always inspired by your work and treasure the ones I am lucky enough to own!!
After seeing the one Sandy did (that I actually looked at this past week)and yours, I really want to try my hand at cross stitch again!!
Hope you have a lovely week!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie