Saturday, April 20, 2013

LIGONIER DUO PROGRESS

 
I'M MAKING GOOD PROGRESS ON MY RUG
AND THE MORE I GET DONE THE MORE
I AM LOVING IT. YOU CAN CLICK
ON THE PIC TO ENLARGE IT. IF YOU RECALL IN
MY PREVIOUS POST I HAD A GREEN CENTER
AND STEM ON THE BLUE FLOWER UP IN
THE RIGHT HAND CORNER. I PULLED THE
GREEN OUT AND USED THE DARK BROWN I
USED IN THE BORDER FOR THE FLOWER STEMS
INSTEAD AND I USED ONE OF THE NEW
R.E. WOOLS FOR THE FLOWER CENTERS &
LITTLE LINES BETWEEN THE PETALS.
I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER. YOU MAY THINK
THE BLUE PETAL DOESN'T SHOW UP VERY
MUCH IN THE BOTTOM FLOWER AND YOU WOULD
BE RIGHT BUT THAT IS THE WAY I WANTED IT
TO LOOK. LIKE OVER TIME THE PETAL HAS FADED
ALMOST INTO THE BACKGROUND. THE WOOL I USED
AROUND THE BOTTOM FLOWER IS BELOW. I CAN'T
REMEMBER IF THIS IS A R.E. OR BETSY WOOL BUT
I'VE HAD IT FOR A WHILE. I DIDN'T USE THE BLUE
STRIPE, JUST THE GRAY PART.
WHAT I'M CALLING THE RED WOOL IN THE FLOWERS
IS CALLED PEONY PINK IN THE NEW R.E. SAMPLES.
TO ME IT LOOKED LIKE A SOFT OLD FADED
RED AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE PERFECT FOR
WHAT I WANTED TO DO. THE BLUE IS ALSO IN
THE NEW FLYER AND CALLED PAINTED CUPBOARD BLUE.
I ALREADY HAD SOME OF THAT IN MY STASH.
IT'S ONE THAT REBECCA HAS GOTTEN BACK IN AND
ALWAYS A FAVORITE. I AM ALSO USING
COBBLESTONE NUBBY FROM HER NEW SAMPLES
FOR THE FLOWER CENTERS, LITTLE LINES BETWEEN
THE PETALS AND THE SMALL AREAS ABOVE AND
BELOW THE CENTER PETALS. I AM PLANNING
ON USING THIS WOOL IN THE OUTSIDE BORDER AS WELL.
WE GOT YET MORE SNOW AND IT WAS ONLY
IN THE TEENS LAST NIGHT SO STILL GOOD
RUG HOOKING WEATHER. WE SHALL
SEE HOW MUCH I CAN GET DONE TODAY.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR ALL THOSE
AFFECTED BY THE TRAGEDY IN BOSTON.
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI


8 comments:

Trace4J said...

I love it too.
Great job. Really coming along.
Woolie hugs

WoolenSails said...

I love the colors you are using and the wool you used. I do have some with stripes and I do use the colors separately, makes great texture.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Absolutely loverly! That blue makes a great contrast to the red flowers in the center! Love it!

Cammie said...

Love it!!!Your color choices are great!
~Cammie~

dogwoodfarm said...

Hi Lori,
Just wanted to stop in to say hi and tell you how much I love your rug! Your colors look great together and that blue/gray stripe, is a Betsy wool.
Thanks for listing me I will do the same.
xo Louise

kelley said...

This is looking so old...perfect! the border is so much fun to hook...makes me want to do another...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
You will be done in no time. It looks absolutely wonderful and old!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

The red flowers are my favorite part. Lookin good. :)