Tuesday, April 23, 2013

L. DUO IS DONE!

 
WELL, HERE IT IS ALL DONE!
I THINK IT'S THE OLDEST LOOKING RUG
I'VE HOOKED YET, THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL
WOOLS THAT MADE IT SO EASY TO DO.
 
I PULLED THE LAST LOOP BEFORE SUPPER
YESTERDAY AND BOUND IT LAST NIGHT.
I STEAMED IT THIS MORNING. AFTER PONDERING
IT I DECIDED TO REVERSE HOOK THE ONE
BLUE PETAL IN THE LOWER FLOWER TO
PETUNIA PINK (WHAT I'M CALLING FADED RED)
AND USED THE BLUE ON THE TWO TOP CORNER
FLOWERS. I LIKE THE BALANCE OF HOW IT LOOKS.
WHAT A CHICKEN I WAS ALL THOSE YEARS
TO NOT HOOK THIS RUG! BUT THEN AGAIN, I
WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE WOOLS I USED ON IT NOW
SO I'M GLAD I WAITED. SOME RUGS JUST FLOW
TOGETHER SO WELL AND THAT IS HOW
THIS ONE WENT FOR ME.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME....LORI



18 comments:

cucki said...

So pretty x

Primitive Stars said...

Love that rug, such sweet prim kitty's, Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow you are fast! It looks terrific...love the faded red color.
Thanks for the encouraging words on my lion!
Robyn

marly said...

Very nice!

WoolenSails said...

I really love how it came out and the wools are really beautiful in this piece.

Debbie

woolyredrug said...

What a beauty!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lori ~
You sure hooked that fast!!! You hit the "old" look spot on.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Orange Sink said...

Wow Lori! Another wonderful finish! I love all the wools and how they went together for you in this rug! The neutrals are so hard for me to get right... yours are just beautiful! I ordered some of that peony pink wool and just love it... It is so pretty in your rug! I may have to design something around just that color! I hope your Spring weather sticks around now... this last snow was almost too much to take here! They are saying 70's by the weekend... not going to hold my breath though! LOL!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

The Humble Stitcher said...

Your rug is absolutely wonderful, Lori! I love how it turned out. Those wools are just perfect :)
Hugs,
Sandy

bayrayschild said...

I love it Lori!
So beautiful!

Audrey

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Your rug turned out fabulous Lori!! You are so right, when you have the right colors of wool, things just go together so much easier!! You did a great job and have inspired me to dig out my pattern for this rug...I think this would be a good "cottage project" for me this summer!! ;) Tina

moosecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you hook next! :-)

Cammie said...

Your rug turned out wonderful! You did a great job at achieving that old look! ~Cammie~

From Sherry's Heart said...

PERFECT PERFECT primitive olde,my friend!!!! And you already know how I feel about the flower petal LOL!!!

dogwoodfarm said...

Beautiful!!
xo Louise

Karen said...

Hi Lori,
What a beautiful finish!
Karen

Penelope's Beehive said...

Ooooh, a splendid finish Lori!
Sending smiles your way....
Judy

thesimplequiet said...

fabulous! I just love all your colors and the wool is so beautiful!

rebecca