Tuesday, March 5, 2013

OH MY STARS!

 
MY QUILT THAT IS...
I WAS ABLE TO GET IT HAND BASTED
YESTERDAY AND STARTED QUILTING IT
LAST NIGHT. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT
THOUGHT I SHOULD DO THE FAN PATTERN
INSTEAD OF DIAGONAL LINES...
THAT IS WHAT I'M DOING.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.
ALTHOUGH I DON'T MIND DOING THE LINES
AND IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN
QUICKER I DO LOVE THE FAN THE MOST
AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE
PERFECT CHOICE FOR MY STAR QUILT.

 
I CHOSE THIS LARGE BLACK AND TAN CHECK
HOMESPUN FOR THE BACK OF MY QUILT.
I'M USING TAN QUILTING THREAD BY YLI.
 
DON'T LOOK FOR THE FINISH ANY TIME SOON.
IT WILL TAKE ME A FEW WEEKS AND I'LL
BE DOING SOME OTHER THINGS HERE
AND THERE AT THE SAME TIME.
 
WISHING YOU ALL A LOVELY DAY.
FOR THOSE EXPECTING MORE SNOW....BE SAFE!
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI
 
 
 


8 comments:

bayrayschild said...

I know it's going to be a beauty Lori. All of your work is!

Have a great day,
Audrey

basketsnprims said...

Lori, it will be gorgeous! Love the color choices. Thanks so much for the link you sent the other day.
hugs,
pam

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful Miss Lori - absolutely beautiful! And I am always mesmerized by hand quilting....I've done a few little pieces and so know well what tedious work it is - I guess I just never developed the skill to be able to enjoy it. I had always hoped to take up quilting when time and life permitted....Unfortunately, it's seeming that will be less and less likely. Yes, I do some little pieced pieces, etc., but nothing really coming close to a real quilt....just don't have the room/space here - no place to leave my machine out, no place to really spread things out to cut, and worst of all, no place to hide a fabric stash!! ;o So, I'll have to enjoy the amazing gifts of people like you.

Also, congratulations to Jonette on an amazing giveaway win. Wow!! I go MIA, and look what I miss out on. Booo HOO!! (That should be worth a month or so AT LEAST of pouting on my end....) What wonderful gifts she will be getting.

Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

jennifer768 said...

Love it!It is going to be fantastic!Hand quilting is a beautiful art.Hugs,Jen

Karen said...

It's going to be beautiful Lori and your quilting is perfect. Love stars and that fan design is the perfect pattern for it.
Hugs- karen

jonette said...

Can't wait to see this quilt. I used to do a lot of quilting but have not done any for several years. You are making me think about pulling some material out....

my3Kitties said...

I am sure your quilt will be beautiful-I give you allot of credit for doing hand quilting yourself. I always have my quilts machine quilted by a quilter. Can't wait to see it all done as I know the top was a beauty to start off with!

jody said...

love your quilt, colors and quilting lori! we still are getting snow/ice up here in mn. it will be awhile for spring but...at least we know its comen! enjoy your day!