Friday, February 1, 2013

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO...

I'VE BEEN PIECING STAR BLOCKS THIS WEEK FOR A NEW
QUILT FOR OUR HOME. SCRAPPY WITH GOLDS, BROWNS,
REDS AND GREENS. I'M USING A JO MORTON PRINT FOR
SET IN SQUARES BETWEEN THE BLOCKS. IT'S A BLACK
PRINT WITH A TINY TAN/BROWN PRINT ON IT.
I HOPE TO GET THE TOP TOGETHER THIS WEEKEND.
I USED VARIOUS PRINTS AND HOMESPUNS FROM MY
COLLECTION. SOME I'VE HAD FOR 20 YEARS!
 
ALSO STARTED THIS LONG SAMPLER FOR OUR HOME.
I SET ASIDE THE CHRISTMAS ONE I WAS DOING FOR NOW
BUT WILL GET BACK TO THAT LATER. THE LINEN I'M
USING WAS A GIFT FROM KATHY AND IS CALLED
CHESTNUT. I ADORE IT! I'M USING DMC 3371
FOR THE LETTERING. I'VE HAD THIS OLD BLACK
PAINTED FRAME FOR A WHILE
AND WANTED TO MAKE A SAMPLER
TO FIT IT. SO THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO THIS SNOWY
COLD WINTER WEEK! HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING
BUSY WHERE YOU LIVE. GOTTA KEEP THAT
CREATIVE ENERGY ALIVE! MY NEXT
PROJECT FOR OUR HOME WILL BE A HORSE
RUG INSPIRED BY AN ANTIQUE RUG.
STAY TUNED FOR A PEEK SOON.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....LORI

10 comments:

woolyredrug said...

Oh Lori, your quilt is going to be wonderful! I just love scrappy.
And your sampler is great, too. Do you know who's chestnut linen it is? Looking forward to seeing your progress on both...stay warm...we just hit 0 and snow is falling! ~L

HomeSpunPrims said...

Laurie,
The chestnut linen is by Weeks Dye Works. It's a gorgeous color. Stay warm! Lori

Elisha said...

I agree the quilt will be stunning! Please post when finished

Heritage Homestead Decor said...

Hey Lori
Well you have been very busy!! My mom is a huge quilter and I wish I knew how. When we were in PA last year I bought a small one to try but like everyone else finding the time to do it is another issue. Your needlepoint is lovely and I can't wait to see it when it is all done.
Stay warm I know that is what I am trying to do!
Darlene

cucki said...

aww this quilt going to be so cute..i love it..
hugs x

Rebecca said...

I really like the stars. So scrappy looking. Hoping you get it finished like you want this weekend.

moosecraft said...

Love all those stars! It's going to be a beautiful quilt! Looking forward to seeing how the sampler finishes up too!

Karen said...

Wow Lori, what pretty blocks...I'll be waiting to see the finished quilt!
And I read on back to your older posts...WHAT BEAUTIFUL HOOKED PIECES...your work is so perfect!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR ALWAYS SWEET COMMENTS ON MY BLOG...I apologize for not being here...I will be back from now on.

Hugs,
Karen

jennifer768 said...

Love the quilt blocks!Such pretty colors,the sampler is also going to look wonderful in that frame.Hugs,Jen

Char said...

Lori - love the star quilt. I am also working a star quilt - baby quilt. I'm using batiks for it. I'll have to take a picture when I've finished the top. Love the homespun fabric you used for yours!

Char